Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 258

Thread: This is why Australia will lose the Ashes

  1. #46
    U19 Debutant scorpiogal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Indies
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    I think your set up of a Brett Lee fan club means you're a little biased It wasn't an Australian who started making the comparison.
    I am. I am. But I don't hide it.
    Sorry, only an Aussie would compare them and say that particular bits and pieces player is of more worth than that quick.

  2. #47
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiogal View Post
    I am. I am. But I don't hide it.
    Sorry, only an Aussie would compare them and say that particular bits and pieces player is of more worth than that quick.
    Well, it's common sense given current form. If Lee can prove he's back to his best in conditions he's never performed well in then I'd go with him. I.e: if he's capable of hitting a good line and length at pace and moving it away from the batsman. If he's not, I'd pick someone else and that might include McDonald.

    Lee's not of greater worth than McDonald simply because he's Brett Lee though.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  3. #48
    U19 Debutant scorpiogal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Indies
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Well, it's common sense given current form. If Lee can prove he's back to his best in conditions he's never performed well in then I'd go with him. I.e: if he's capable of hitting a good line and length at pace and moving it away from the batsman. If he's not, I'd pick someone else and that might include McDonald.
    I don't think they're even considering McDonald tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Lee's not of greater worth than McDonald simply because he's Brett Lee though.
    I beg to differ. The simple fact that one is more recognisable/a household name says something. He's 'Brett Lee' for a reason. I didn't wake up one morning and said "I feel like starting a site about, eeerrrr...what'shisname...Brett Lee!"

    You can't walk up to my father and say McDonald is better than Lee. He'd reply with a "Who is dat? McDonald? Where he from?" even though he followed Aus v RSA. i.e. nothing special.

  4. #49
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Well, it's common sense given current form. If Lee can prove he's back to his best in conditions he's never performed well in then I'd go with him. I.e: if he's capable of hitting a good line and length at pace and moving it away from the batsman. If he's not, I'd pick someone else and that might include McDonald.

    Lee's not of greater worth than McDonald simply because he's Brett Lee though.
    I seriously cannot believe that McDonald is being touted as one of the top 4 bowlers in Australia at this point in time.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!


  5. #50
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiogal View Post
    I don't think they're even considering McDonald tbh.



    I beg to differ. The simple fact that one is more recognisable/a household name says something. He's 'Brett Lee' for a reason. I didn't wake up one morning and said "I feel like starting a site about, eeerrrr...what'shisname...Brett Lee!"

    You can't walk up to my father and say McDonald is better than Lee. He'd reply with a "Who is dat? McDonald? Where he from?" even though he followed Aus v RSA. i.e. nothing special.
    I think they would be, maybe not for the first test. But I doubt he'd be there if they hadn't thought he might come in handy at some stage.

    I have my doubts you started your site about Brett Lee just because you think he's a good cricketer. He's not in cricket whites bowling fast in your avatar One is more recognisable for a start because he's played more tests. That means nothing on current form though. You don't pick a team based on who is more recognisable/has more fan sites. Otherwise Pamela Anderson would be opening the bowling for Australia.

  6. #51
    U19 Debutant scorpiogal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Indies
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    I seriously cannot believe that McDonald is being touted as one of the top 4 bowlers in Australia at this point in time.
    He's not being touted as anything. Only the guys on here are touting him as something.

  7. #52
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    I seriously cannot believe that McDonald is being touted as one of the top 4 bowlers in Australia at this point in time.
    Look at SA. He does a job.

    I'd have Johnson, Siddle, Clarke, Lee/Hilfenhaus if they were all firing personally. But there's no guarantee of that.

  8. #53
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiogal View Post
    He's not being touted as anything. Only the guys on here are touting him as something.
    Not at all, he IS being selected for Australian squads.

    People that don't understand his role in the team might as well just put their hands up and say "I don't understand the concept of bowling to plans and in partnerships very well".
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 24-06-2009 at 08:37 AM.

  9. #54
    U19 Debutant scorpiogal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Indies
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post

    I have my doubts you started your site about Brett Lee just because you think he's a good cricketer. He's not in cricket whites bowling fast in your avatar One is more recognisable for a start because he's played more tests. That means nothing on current form though. You don't pick a team based on who is more recognisable/has more fan sites. Otherwise Pamela Anderson would be opening the bowling for Australia.
    That part's just a bonus. And Whammy doesn't have that many fansites? Does she? I wouldn't know....I guess it's just too bad McDonald's not hawt


    Talking about current form.....we know nothing of McDonald's current form and it seems the selectors aren't interested either, seeing as they didn't consider him for the match today.

  10. #55
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Not really. SA's bowlers underperformed because they underperformed, not because they were intimidated by the fact that a few of their batsmen sustained unfortunate injuries.
    There was nothing wrong with South Africa's bowlers - Phillip Hughes just made them look poor. The South African bowlers were very much ontop of batsman whenever Hughes wasn't at the crease, barring some brilliance from Mitchell Johnson in the lower-order, who twice, made our overall totals during that series look allot better then what they should've been.

    Nevertheless, McDonald contributed nothing to Australia's success - It was Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle who were the real destroyers. McDonald just picked up a few cheap wickets from the demolarized South African batting lineup in the first 2 Tests and got found out when Australia weren't ontop during the 3rd Test. You could even hear the groan from most Australian supporters when AB de Villiers didn't hit McDonald for 6 sixes in an over.

  11. #56
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Look at SA. He does a job.
    He averaged nearly 40 for Christs sakes. If he was a top 7 batter I could understand the logic of bringing his bowling into consideration, but his batting is desperately hopeless to the point where even Mitchell Johnson is likely to bat above him.

    FFS, give an aussie a rock, and he'll be touted as the next Bradman.

  12. #57
    U19 Debutant scorpiogal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Indies
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Not at all, he IS being selected for Australian squads.

    People that don't understand his role in the team might as well just put their hands up and say "I don't understand the concept of bowling to plans and in partnerships very well".
    Aaah but his role and Lee's role, if either of them are chosen, would/could never be the same. Ponting stated that all he wants Lee to do is bowl fast and swing it. Are you saying that that's what they expect from McDonald? Come on, man. Therefore they can't be compared.

  13. #58
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiogal View Post
    That part's just a bonus. And Whammy doesn't have that many fansites? Does she? I wouldn't know....I guess it's just too bad McDonald's not hawt


    Talking about current form.....we know nothing of McDonald's current form and it seems the selectors aren't interested either, seeing as they didn't consider him for the match today.
    We know more about McDonald's current form than Lee's given he's played recently in tests. And going by that logic the selectors aren't interested in Johnson's current form either.

    Look, as I said before, if Lee can perform well then I'd certainly have him over McDonald. I don't think McDonald's a super player, but he does what he does pretty well. I don't think we'll see McDonald in the first test. But we may not see Lee either, hopefully he takes a few and goes into the first test bowling well.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 24-06-2009 at 08:43 AM.

  14. #59
    U19 Debutant scorpiogal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Indies
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Look at SA. He does a job.

    I'd have Johnson, Siddle, Clarke, Lee/Hilfenhaus if they were all firing personally. But there's no guarantee of that.
    There's no guarantee of McDonald 'firing' either. Wait a minute...can McDonald 'fire'? Can we even apply that word to his bowling?

  15. #60
    U19 Debutant scorpiogal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Indies
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    We know more about McDonald's current form than Lee's given he's played recently in tests. And going by that logic the selectors aren't interested in Johnson's current form either.
    He's not playing because they know what he can do? Then why is Siddle and Hilfenhaus playing? What do they have to prove that McDonald doesn't?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Great Test Matches..
    By Neil Pickup in forum General
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
  2. Pietersen may miss Ashes
    By Jakester1288 in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  3. The Google Ashes
    By superkingdave in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-06-2009, 01:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •