• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Lions v Australia to be televised

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
First time I can remember a tour game or a Lions game being televised.

Should be interesting for those of you who aren't camping in Wales with Year 6 & 7.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I mentioned in another thread that this match will be live on Fox Sports in Australia also, really looking forward to it!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Plenty of tour games were televised in the past, rememeber watching Worcestershire in one in the mid-late nineties.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah have heard that it used to happen with a little regularity but have never actually taken note of it and made a note to watch before now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty sure a tour match versus Derbyshire was televised once. Dean Jones was def playing for Derby and might even have been captain.

Derbyshire won ftr.

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain

what channel is it on? and does anyone know any pubs in london that are showing the ashes all the time and not just when they feel like it?

cheers

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thinking about it, if it's televised this should be the match thread for it.

Re-title to *Official* England A vs Australia thread? :p

Howsie

International Captain
Is it going around the world, or just Australia and England. I wouldn't mind catching this game and having a good watch.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I presume every corporation which is taking the Sky Sports feed for the Tests (and ODIs) and broadcasting it in their own country will have the option of taking this match as well - whether they take it remains to be seen.

Presume there's some sort of Ashes coverage in New Zealand?

Howsie

International Captain
I presume every corporation which is taking the Sky Sports feed for the Tests (and ODIs) and broadcasting it in their own country will have the option of taking this match as well - whether they take it remains to be seen.

Presume there's some sort of Ashes coverage in New Zealand?
Yeah we have the Ashes coverage. But I noticed Sky were advertising the first test today which pretty much means we won't get the Lions game.

Tbh I really couldn't see Sky Tv showing this game in NZ.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Remember watching Phil Jaques slap England all over the shop in a tour game in 06 on sky sports, lions match should be interesting. Aren't the rugby folks a bit miffed at having the lions tag being nicked?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remember watching Phil Jaques slap England all over the shop in a tour game in 06 on sky sports, lions match should be interesting. Aren't the rugby folks a bit miffed at having the lions tag being nicked?

Hmm wouldn't of thought so, I mean The Ashes seem to be stolen for all theses piffling sports when it suits them.....