Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourthcricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006
(Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
"People make me happy.. not places.. people"
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson
"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn
#408. Sixty three not out forever.
He's too crocked. So is Alan Igglesden.
Paul Taylor FTW.
I was going to say Chris Lewis, but these days he wears his box to the rear.
Series Result: 2-1 Oz
Top Eng Runscorer: Pietersen
Top Aus Runscorer: Hughes
Top Eng Wicket-taker: Flintoff
Top Aus Wicket-taker: Johnson
Player of the Series: Hughes
Surprise Packet: Broad. Will take at least one 5-for and score 2 half-centuries.
Dropped Player(s): Lee, Sidebottom, Hauritz
Miscellaneous Events: Pietersen will continue the wounded prima donna act throughout, Hauritz will take wickets at Cardiff but get destroyed on less responsive tracks, Sid's back and weight will plague him, Watson will be injured & the distance between Prior's batting and keeping skills will become so great as to threaten the space/time continuum.
Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"The PFA does not represent players when they have broken the law and been convicted on non-football matters."
- Gordon Taylor in 2009 following Marlon King's release after a prison sentence for sexual assault & ABH
England to buck their recent trend and win the 1st test but lose the the ashes.
Cardiff will be an English victory, Matt Priapism to score his first test century against Australia.
Series Result: 3-1 AUS
Top Eng Runscorer: Strauss
Top Aus Runscorer: Ponting
Top Eng Wicket-taker: Swann
Top Aus Wicket-taker: Johnson
Player of the Series: Johnson
Surprise Packet: Hauritz. Will bowl quite decently and would play his part nicely, might even chip in with some handy runs down the order.
Dropped Player(s): Lee, Sidebottom, Collingwood
Miscellaneous Events: Symonds to appear in the crowd for one of the test matches, with a bottle of beer in one hand, and a fishing rod in the other!!
Series Result: Aus 3-1
Top Eng Runscorer: Stuart Broad
Top Aus Runscorer: Ricky Ponting
Top Eng Wicket-taker: Graeme Onions
Top Aus Wicket-taker: Peter Siddle
Player of the Series: Mitchell Johnson
Surprise Packet: Stuart Clark
Dropped Player(s): Collingwood, Prior, Onions, Lee, Pietersen.
Miscellaneous Event: - Watson scores his first test hundred in the first test and is then out for the rest of a series when he bursts into tears and pulls a tear duct.
- Alistair Cook pulls out of England's campaign halfway through the third test when he successfully auditions for a part in the revamped 'Yes Minister' series.
-Stuart Broad hits the headlines when he is felt up by another man in a London nightclub from behind. The man claims he thought Stuart was a tall Norwegian woman. He is later acquitted of all charges and the presiding magistrate describes his error in judgement as 'totally understandable'. Broad, whilst nonplussed, is later announced as the face of Revlon and Gucci handbags.
- James Anderson refers to himself as 'James Anderson' at least 3 times during the series. Takes 2 wickets in an over when Australian batsmen are distracted by birds nesting in his hair taking flight. The incident is later described as being 'worse than the Stuart Broad affair' and puts cricketing relations between the two teams on a par with after the Bodyline series.
- Play is disrupted during the fifth test when (the now dropped) Paul Collingwood races onto the field after the first drinks break chasing a whistling rocket and has to be physically restrained. Ricky Ponting says "****ing hell Paul, it looks like you've been catching it with your face". This is later acknowledged as one of the greatest sledges of all time.
- Sidebottom reveals himself to be a complete frontbottom on the pitch when he knocks over Ricky Ponting in the second test before launching a tirade of abuse at 13 year old substitute fielder Angus Fontleroy for putting down a diving one-handed chance at gully earlier in the match. Sidebottom knocks out second slip later in the match when a ball bounces awkwardly and goes between his legs for a single.
Last edited by Son Of Coco; 18-06-2009 at 02:29 AM.
"What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)
R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best
R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi
Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath
"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.
Ricky you bloody legend.- Play is disrupted during the fifth test when (the now dropped) Paul Collingwood races onto the field after the first drinks break chasing a whistling rocket and has to be physically restrained. Ricky Ponting says "****ing hell Paul, it looks like you've been catching it with your face". This is later acknowledged as one of the greatest sledges of all time.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)