Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes Predictions Thread

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    Miscellaneous Event: Australia win a tense Third Test by one wicket thanks to an unbeaten Mike Hussey century in which he is dropped eleven times. The Fourth Test is abandoned after Richard digs up the pitch and burns his First Chance Average manifesto into the grass. He is subsequently thrown off the Lord's balcony but survives after being caught by Geoffrey Boycott's grandmother.
    ITSTL.
    z
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    who the hell will we have left?
    Paul Jarvis for a surprise recall.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    He's too crocked. So is Alan Igglesden.

Paul Taylor FTW.

I was going to say Chris Lewis, but these days he wears his box to the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Nasty.

All-Time Test XI:
    Gavaskar, Boycott, Tendulkar, G.Pollock, V.Richards, Sobers, Gilchrist (wk), Warne (c), Waqar/Wasim, Lillee, Ambrose.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    zaremba = most quotable member of CW today.

Top shelf.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Series Result: 2-1 Oz
    Top Eng Runscorer: Pietersen
    Top Aus Runscorer: Hughes
    Top Eng Wicket-taker: Flintoff
    Top Aus Wicket-taker: Johnson
    Player of the Series: Hughes
    Surprise Packet: Broad. Will take at least one 5-for and score 2 half-centuries.
    Dropped Player(s): Lee, Sidebottom, Hauritz
    Miscellaneous Events: Pietersen will continue the wounded prima donna act throughout, Hauritz will take wickets at Cardiff but get destroyed on less responsive tracks, Sid's back and weight will plague him, Watson will be injured & the distance between Prior's batting and keeping skills will become so great as to threaten the space/time continuum.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

England to buck their recent trend and win the 1st test but lose the the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    & the distance between Prior's batting and keeping skills will become so great as to threaten the space/time continuum.

* Can't completely rule it out. Get Hawking on the phone!

Cardiff will be an English victory, Matt Priapism to score his first test century against Australia.
    Inappropriate signature.
    --Moderators

Series Result: 3-1 AUS
    Top Eng Runscorer: Strauss
    Top Aus Runscorer: Ponting
    Top Eng Wicket-taker: Swann
    Top Aus Wicket-taker: Johnson
    Player of the Series: Johnson
    Surprise Packet: Hauritz. Will bowl quite decently and would play his part nicely, might even chip in with some handy runs down the order.
    Dropped Player(s): Lee, Sidebottom, Collingwood
    Miscellaneous Events: Symonds to appear in the crowd for one of the test matches, with a bottle of beer in one hand, and a fishing rod in the other!!

Quote Originally Posted by inbox24 View Post
    Cardiff will be an English victory, Matt Priapism to score his first test century against Australia.
    He's never played Australia so that'd be a big achievement from Prior.

I've read a lot of people predicting Collingwood to be dropped, why is that, he's my tip for leading run scorer!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    He's never played Australia so that'd be a big achievement from Prior.

I've read a lot of people predicting Collingwood to be dropped, why is that, he's my tip for leading run scorer!
    I think it is the ginger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death
    Dumb I told him"the serpent that never dies is dead I took her life three thousend years ago! the never ending battle has ended"

Awesome Test XI

Tillekeratne Dilshan
    Simon Katich
    Ricky Ponting (c)
    Michael Hussey
    Michael Clarke
    AB de Villiers
    Brad Haddin (k)
    Daniel Vettori
    Peter Siddle
    Dong Bollinger
    Ben Hilfenhaus

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Series Result: Aus 3-1
    Top Eng Runscorer: Stuart Broad
    Top Aus Runscorer: Ricky Ponting
    Top Eng Wicket-taker: Graeme Onions
    Top Aus Wicket-taker: Peter Siddle
    Player of the Series: Mitchell Johnson
    Surprise Packet: Stuart Clark
    Dropped Player(s): Collingwood, Prior, Onions, Lee, Pietersen.
    Miscellaneous Event: - Watson scores his first test hundred in the first test and is then out for the rest of a series when he bursts into tears and pulls a tear duct.
    - Alistair Cook pulls out of England's campaign halfway through the third test when he successfully auditions for a part in the revamped 'Yes Minister' series.
    -Stuart Broad hits the headlines when he is felt up by another man in a London nightclub from behind. The man claims he thought Stuart was a tall Norwegian woman. He is later acquitted of all charges and the presiding magistrate describes his error in judgement as 'totally understandable'. Broad, whilst nonplussed, is later announced as the face of Revlon and Gucci handbags.
    - James Anderson refers to himself as 'James Anderson' at least 3 times during the series. Takes 2 wickets in an over when Australian batsmen are distracted by birds nesting in his hair taking flight. The incident is later described as being 'worse than the Stuart Broad affair' and puts cricketing relations between the two teams on a par with after the Bodyline series.
    - Play is disrupted during the fifth test when (the now dropped) Paul Collingwood races onto the field after the first drinks break chasing a whistling rocket and has to be physically restrained. Ricky Ponting says "****ing hell Paul, it looks like you've been catching it with your face". This is later acknowledged as one of the greatest sledges of all time.
    - Sidebottom reveals himself to be a complete frontbottom on the pitch when he knocks over Ricky Ponting in the second test before launching a tirade of abuse at 13 year old substitute fielder Angus Fontleroy for putting down a diving one-handed chance at gully earlier in the match. Sidebottom knocks out second slip later in the match when a ball bounces awkwardly and goes between his legs for a single.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 18-06-2009 at 01:29 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Series Result: Aus 3-1
    Top Eng Runscorer: Stuart Broad
    Top Aus Runscorer: Ricky Ponting
    Top Eng Wicket-taker: Graeme Onions
    Top Aus Wicket-taker: Peter Siddle
    Player of the Series: Mitchell Johnson
    Surprise Packet: Stuart Clark
    Dropped Player(s): Collingwood, Prior, Onions, Lee, Pietersen.
    Miscellaneous Event: - Watson scores his first test hundred in the first test and is then out for the rest of a series when he bursts into tears and pulls a tear duct.
    - Alistair Cook pulls out of England's campaign halfway through the third test when he successfully auditions for a part in the revamped 'Yes Minister' series.
    -Stuart Broad hits the headlines when he is felt up by another man in a London nightclub from behind. The man claims he thought Stuart was a tall Norwegian woman. He is later acquitted of all charges and the presiding magistrate describes his error in judgement as 'totally understandable'. Broad, whilst nonplussed, is later announced as the face of Revlon and Gucci handbags.
    - James Anderson refers to himself as 'James Anderson' at least 3 times during the series. Takes 2 wickets in an over when Australian batsmen are distracted by birds nesting in his hair taking flight. The incident is later described as being 'worse than the Stuart Broad affair' and puts cricketing relations between the two teams on a par with after the Bodyline series.

- Play is disrupted during the fifth test when (the now dropped) Paul Collingwood races onto the field after the first drinks break chasing a whistling rocket and has to be physically restrained. Ricky Ponting says "****ing hell Paul, it looks like you've been catching it with your face". This is later acknowledged as one of the greatest sledges of all time.
    Ricky you bloody legend.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information