Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hughes and johnson to lead the way

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    Oh no. After his precious 4 posts, I am a tad worried about this fellow and how long his stay at CricketWeb will be.
    Surely an Aussie Aussie Aussie chant is borderline banworthy. If not atleast cringeworthy enough to hope for a banworthy post soon.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    I'm tipping Johnson will be a slight disapointment with both bat and ball, still doing ok just not as amazingly as some seem to be expecting. I think Siddle will overshadow him and be the bowler of the series.

It's too unpredictable with Hughes, he's a great talent and his lead-up form is superb, but he does still have some obvious shortcomings in his game and he's also never really faced top-quality spin (unless you'd call Harris top drawer, and even he made Hughes look pretty unsure of himself at times in South Africa). That said if they bowl poorly to him (ie give him any width) he'll make runs for fun. I'd be equally unsuprised if Hughes scores 450+ runs or if he is a complete flop.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamdavid View Post
    It's too unpredictable with Hughes, he's a great talent and his lead-up form is superb, but he does still have some obvious shortcomings in his game and he's also never really faced top-quality spin (unless you'd call Harris top drawer, and even he made Hughes look pretty unsure of himself at times in South Africa). That said if they bowl poorly to him (ie give him any width) he'll make runs for fun. I'd be equally unsuprised if Hughes scores 450+ runs or if he is a complete flop.
    In fairness, Hughes did score big runs in SA when the deck with spinning like a top with Harris making the ball pop outside off-stump. Was clearly uncomfortable but didn't give it away easily, either. I think that aspect of his game, rather than pure technique, is why people tip him for big things. Can spank the ball to all parts but can pare it back and put his ego in check if needed.

The guys just seems hungry for runs through any means necessary. Big plus, in my view.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy up View Post
    i have been really impressed by both hughes and johnson leading into the ashe's series.hughes has already proven himself in english condition's scoring over 800 run's for middlesex in his little stint over there and mitch took 4 for not many i think in a lead up match over there.i can smell a aussie onslaught coming on for the next few month's.there will be no open top bus and no honour's from the queen after this series:cheers:
    Worst call fair dinkum.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    too late to edit tbh but it does make sense even if it's rather non-sequiteurial (think that's spelt right but there may be no u).
    Quote Originally Posted by nufan View Post
    worst call fair dinkum.
    AWTA. What was Richard thinking?!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Worst call fair dinkum.
    To be fair though, there was no open top bus tour.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information