Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hughes and johnson to lead the way

Banned
    i understood what you ment richard and anyone can have a bad series but i really think if that happens the selectors would still back him for the next series.i know its early days and its a big call but theres a good chance (after clarke) that hughes will one day captain australia

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy up View Post
    i understood what you ment richard
    I'm actually not sure you did TBH because the rest of the post suggested you thought I meant the precise opposite of what I actually did.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    i understood what you ment richard and anyone can have a bad series but i really think if that happens the selectors would still back him for the next series.i know its early days and its a big call but theres a good chance (after clarke) that hughes will one day captain australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm actually not sure you did TBH because the rest of the post suggested you thought I meant the precise opposite of what I actually did.
    no it suggests what i think.see where i said "but i really think".

Cricket Spectator
    i have been really impressed by both hughes and johnson leading into the ashe's series.hughes has already proven himself in english condition's scoring over 800 run's for middlesex in his little stint over there and mitch took 4 for not many i think in a lead up match over there.i can smell a aussie onslaught coming on for the next few month's.there will be no open top bus and no honour's from the queen after this series
    Too right good preparation i call it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDill22 View Post
    Too right good preparation i call it
    we have come sanity on the forum,dont worry aussiedill22 we are going to have a great ashes series

Cricket Spectator
    we have come sanity on the forum,dont worry aussiedill22 we are going to have a great ashes series

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDill22 View Post
    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
    oi oi oi

Dear god...

International Regular
    Oh no. After his precious 4 posts, I am a tad worried about this fellow and how long his stay at CricketWeb will be.

Looks like the preteen generation of Australian fans have found the forum in plenty of time for the Ashes. Now, as long as they remember how to breathe between now and then, they'll be sure to make an impact come Ashes time.

no it suggests what i think.see where i said "but i really think".
    Yeah - where you said "but I really think if that happens the selectors would still back him for the next series" that hints that I was saying a) he was likely to have a poor Ashes (which I didn't) and b) that that was likely to cost him a place and thus he'd not have a good Test career (which I certainly didn't say).

Banned
    To suggest Hughes is unlikely to have a Test future would be to make a suggestion that all evidence points in the other direction of; and I think he's much more likely than not to have Ashes success.

But anyone can have a bad series, any time.
    i was talking about were you said "but anyone can have a bad series, any time"
    if he did have a bad series witch im not saying either of us are,i think the selectors would still back him in the next series.

Yes - and there wasn't really any need to say it, because you were essentially just repeating what I said. Only posting if you've got something new to add is a decent starting point.

Banned
    Yes - and there wasn't really any need to say it, because you were essentially just repeating what I said. Only posting if you've got something new to add is a decent starting point.
    yes there is because your trying to argue a point with me i didnt make. the point of my last post was to point out the fact i never said that you said that hughes would have a bad series and i wasnt repeating what you said because acording to you i did say that you said hughes would have a bad series.you are trying to argue with me richard over stuff i never said.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information