• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hughes and johnson to lead the way

cowboy up

Banned
I see you're going to last a long time here... (not)... unfortunately recent evidence suggests bans are going to take longer than they should be, but hopefully we'll be rid sooner rather than later.
thats not nice richard,i was just having a joke.i didnt know you were so sensitive

cowboy up

Banned
fair enough like i said no harm intended but richard said the whole thread was only bait,thats not true as you can see im new here and i wanted to see everyones opinion on phil hughes because ive been following him for some time now and have been impressed by his transition into the test side,thats why i posted the tread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you really wanted such a thing, there are about 150 threads on Hughes of late... not surprisingly... and that'd be a good place to start.

The throwing in the line about England not having the open-top bus (not for the first time in your precious few posts) suggests otherwise, frankly.

cowboy up

Banned
yeah im still learning how to work though the site,i went to ashes 2009 and didnt find any talk on hughes,the bit about the bus was cheeky i admit but its all said in fun and it does only come around every 2 years the ashes.anyway richard off this stupit topic and back on hughes,what do you think off him,will he have success in the ashes and do you think he has a future in the test team?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
To suggest Hughes is unlikely to have a Test future would be to make a suggestion that all evidence points in the other direction of; and I think he's much more likely than not to have Ashes success.

But anyone can have a bad series, any time.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
To suggest Hughes is unlikely to have a Test future would be to make a suggestion that all evidence points in the other direction of
No. Just no. If you edit this sentence into English then I will delete this post to remove all evidence that you ever wrote it in the first place.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Too late to edit TBH but it does make sense even if it's rather non-sequiteurial (think that's spelt right but there may be no u).

cowboy up

Banned
i understood what you ment richard and anyone can have a bad series but i really think if that happens the selectors would still back him for the next series.i know its early days and its a big call but theres a good chance (after clarke) that hughes will one day captain australia

cowboy up

Banned
i understood what you ment richard and anyone can have a bad series but i really think if that happens the selectors would still back him for the next series.i know its early days and its a big call but theres a good chance (after clarke) that hughes will one day captain australia
I'm actually not sure you did TBH because the rest of the post suggested you thought I meant the precise opposite of what I actually did.
no it suggests what i think.see where i said "but i really think".

AussieDill22

Cricket Spectator
i have been really impressed by both hughes and johnson leading into the ashe's series.hughes has already proven himself in english condition's scoring over 800 run's for middlesex in his little stint over there and mitch took 4 for not many i think in a lead up match over there.i can smell a aussie onslaught coming on for the next few month's.there will be no open top bus and no honour's from the queen after this series:jawdrop::nopity::stretcher:cheers:
Too right good preparation i call it

Jakester1288

International Regular
Oh no. After his precious 4 posts, I am a tad worried about this fellow and how long his stay at CricketWeb will be.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like the preteen generation of Australian fans have found the forum in plenty of time for the Ashes. Now, as long as they remember how to breathe between now and then, they'll be sure to make an impact come Ashes time.