• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Full Ashes coverage on FTA

Craig

World Traveller
Interesting. I never would have guessed. I always assumed it was a minority sport with a small hardcore following but no real large scale public interest.
You would be surprised how many countries it is shown live into. If your a company that wants to promote its self in France or indeed into Europe (like Belgium and Holland for example) then then being a sponsor in the race or on a team would not be the worst idea as you are generally given about 4 hours a day live coverage on your brand for three straight weeks.

One mountain stage a few years ago there was an estimated 500,000 people there. Certainly not small.

Matt79

Global Moderator
How much would a company like Rabobank, CSC or Silence-Lotto pay to have the naming rights for a team? Might be a less after the various scandals of recent years, nobody wants to be on the news everynight in terms of "Team <Company X> rider Ana Bolica has been thrown out of the Tour de France..."

Craig

World Traveller
How much would a company like Rabobank, CSC or Silence-Lotto pay to have the naming rights for a team? Might be a less after the various scandals of recent years, nobody wants to be on the news everynight in terms of "Team <Company X> rider Ana Bolica has been thrown out of the Tour de France..."
As much as they like. I think CSC (now Saxo Bank) pay up towards $15m a year (US).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just read this from Fox Sports

Fox Sports will broadcast LIVE the five Ashes Tests, the seven one-day internationals, the two Twenty20 internationals, and the tour fixture against England Lions.

That's awesome never realized until now - July 1-4 v England Lions Tour Match
New Road, Worcester

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Just read this from Fox Sports

Fox Sports will broadcast LIVE the five Ashes Tests, the seven one-day internationals, the two Twenty20 internationals, and the tour fixture against England Lions.

That's awesome never realized until now - July 1-4 v England Lions Tour Match
New Road, Worcester
Yeah Sky are covering it Live here so I guess they'll just be taking their feed, probably just gets thrown in with the package

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently the Ashes are going to be shown free to sky sports subscribers on sky player online ( i think you had to have multiroom or something to do it before). This means all us slackers can watch it online at work :)

Craig

World Traveller
Was going to get rid of cable TV (not working and all that), and then I find I have SBS 1 and 2, so I have sorted all my problems out for the month of July. Either that or watch the Ashes on Fox Sports.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So both networks are grabbing the Sky feed for this? Shame we won't be hearing any Boycs and co this time around.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Good to see (or should that be hear) Warne in the commentary box. Breath of fresh air, actually talks loudly, shows his great cricketing brain and isn't scared to state his opinion. Love hearing him talking up spinners and how a spinner should come on at this time and how the spinner should bowl and how he should get the tailenders out by tossing it up and everything else. The greatest captain Australia never had.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Try to hold on but it hurts too much, try to forget but it's not enough to make it all OK.

inbox24

International Debutant
I reckon SBS should have gotten one professional presenter and the other 3 as secondary presenters. Always brings a chill to the spine when MacGill goes to an ad break or everytime he's facing the camera. It's like he's nervous or something.