Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Ashes coverage on FTA

I find it is the one sporting event that matches, or often exceeds, a good test match for managing to be hypnotically interesting, and yet also ok if you have to get up and go have a meal and come back, and be able to pick up what's gone on very quickly.

Tbf however, I didn't really get it at all until I worked with a guy who was fanatical and would talk me through what had happened the night before and give me hints as to what to watch for the next night. Since then, even with the spectre that whoever your watching being amazing is doing so on roids, it's absorbing stuff.

For me, has the same scope for epically heroic cameos by anyone at anytime that cricket does, even if at times the main result is not really in doubt.

Having Cadel Evans as a seemingly genuinely clean (although unfortunately, I don't think anyone can afford to be completely sure about this in cycling) competitor who is both Aussie and seemingly perpetually battling with insane bravery one-out against better staffed teams certainly has added to the interest for me in the last few years.

Will probably record both, and flick back and forth live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Suppose it's got bigger Down Under with recent Aussie hopes of a win.
    Interesting. I never would have guessed. I always assumed it was a minority sport with a small hardcore following but no real large scale public interest.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

I think the jaw dropping scenery and some very good coverage by SBS have helped. But yeah, the success of guys like Robbie McEwan and Baden Cook in the sprinters category has built up awareness over the past decade and then Cadel Evans emergence as a genuine contender has caused it to really take off.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    My flatmate loves the Tour, so he explained it to me and got me into it last year. Lots of reasons for getting into it.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Cycling is very much like cricket. On the surface it looks so boring and shallow, but once you get into it's quite interesting.
    Inappropriate signature.
    --Moderators

U19 Vice-Captain redhotchilipepa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inbox24 View Post
    Cycling is very much like cricket. On the surface it looks so boring and shallow, but once you get into it's quite interesting.
    Am starting to find that....

Used to hate cricket with a passion.
    RIP Craig - all round top guy. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Interesting. I never would have guessed. I always assumed it was a minority sport with a small hardcore following but no real large scale public interest.
    You would be surprised how many countries it is shown live into. If your a company that wants to promote its self in France or indeed into Europe (like Belgium and Holland for example) then then being a sponsor in the race or on a team would not be the worst idea as you are generally given about 4 hours a day live coverage on your brand for three straight weeks.

One mountain stage a few years ago there was an estimated 500,000 people there. Certainly not small.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

How much would a company like Rabobank, CSC or Silence-Lotto pay to have the naming rights for a team? Might be a less after the various scandals of recent years, nobody wants to be on the news everynight in terms of "Team <Company X> rider Ana Bolica has been thrown out of the Tour de France..."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    How much would a company like Rabobank, CSC or Silence-Lotto pay to have the naming rights for a team? Might be a less after the various scandals of recent years, nobody wants to be on the news everynight in terms of "Team <Company X> rider Ana Bolica has been thrown out of the Tour de France..."
    As much as they like. I think CSC (now Saxo Bank) pay up towards $15m a year (US).

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacharias E Gelman View Post
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Just read this from Fox Sports

Fox Sports will broadcast LIVE the five Ashes Tests, the seven one-day internationals, the two Twenty20 internationals, and the tour fixture against England Lions.

That's awesome never realized until now - July 1-4 v England Lions Tour Match
    New Road, Worcester

Are SBS just doing the tests? So no ODIs or T20s?

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Just read this from Fox Sports

Fox Sports will broadcast LIVE the five Ashes Tests, the seven one-day internationals, the two Twenty20 internationals, and the tour fixture against England Lions.

That's awesome never realized until now - July 1-4 v England Lions Tour Match
    New Road, Worcester
    Yeah Sky are covering it Live here so I guess they'll just be taking their feed, probably just gets thrown in with the package
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar

Icon14

Apparently the Ashes are going to be shown free to sky sports subscribers on sky player online ( i think you had to have multiroom or something to do it before). This means all us slackers can watch it online at work

MacGill To Host Ashes Coverage

To be joined by Marto and Mo.

What a motley crew!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information