• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WAGs on tour

Should WAGs be involved during the Ashes tour?

• Yes, free to come and go at any time

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Not at all, it's business, haven't you heard of Skype?

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, but with some restrictions on dates from CA

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Shoaib Akhtar is free

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jondavluc

State Regular
Oh no-one's done me wrong. I just think they're a bunch of dumb tw*ts.

Lee's ex just got my blood boiling everytime she spoke (never came off as the sharpest tool in the shed). "It's a bit like winning the Ashes, Brett." said the dumb, robotic thing on that stupid Great Outdoors show. Wtf does she know about winning the Ashes? It's a wonder she could've read the script. ugh "Oh I'm wearing Roberto Cavalli." Who the eff cares!? That one chick in particular I'm glad I don't have to see again. Hit the road! lmao

Okay okay I apologise for that rant. It wasn't nice.
She cetainly comes off as a cranky old slag I will give you that.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh no-one's done me wrong. I just think they're a bunch of dumb tw*ts.

Lee's ex just got my blood boiling everytime she spoke (never came off as the sharpest tool in the shed). "It's a bit like winning the Ashes, Brett." said the dumb, robotic thing on that stupid Great Outdoors show. Wtf does she know about winning the Ashes? It's a wonder she could've read the script. ugh "Oh I'm wearing Roberto Cavalli." Who the eff cares!? That one chick in particular I'm glad I don't have to see again. Hit the road! lmao

Okay okay I apologise for that rant. It wasn't nice.
Bitchy even. And it was delicious.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dickhead isn't filtered, so there's no need to try and avoid the filter with that. ****, on the other hand, is, so you'd be well-advised not to avoid the filter with that.

howardj

International Coach
Bring AB back.

He'd sort out these self-important WAGs.

They'd be lucky to get into the UK, let alone into the same hotel, on ABs watch.

morgieb

WAG's should be allowed to tour, IMO.
If I had a GF, I couldn't bare spending 3 months without her.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Put any group of women together and they'll have to choose a different person to hate each day to make them feel better and closer to the others. If the guys in the team can't tell them to deal with it and get on with things there's a problem.

From the girls back in high school, to friends I have now, to my mother and her friends there's always one person in the group the others don't like for any given period of time and then they change it around.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Not too hard to give the missus a peck on the cheek and say goodbye for 3 months when you’re getting paid $160k to $800k a year to do your job.

Top_Cat

Not too hard to give the missus a peck on the cheek and say goodbye for 3 months when you’re getting paid $160k to $800k a year to do your job.
Yeah but on the back of just two weeks at home after having been away for over a month, let alone the time away before that? Not saying it's impossible but things would be......strange.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Point is, it's more like 10/11 months away if you look at the schedule.

Anyway, what if banning WAGs and kids meant say... Ponting finds no reason to stay playing for Australia after the end of this Ashes series. He's done everything there is to do in the game, he's absolutely loaded, and he's got a new kid. Would people still support a ban?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think its more important with a new group to establish the team norms and accepted practices to be a team. With the changes recently to the personnel, I think it's important that a team spends time together, and that certain activities (like, for example, a team dinner before the first night of a Test) are carried on throughout the tour, even after the arrival of families/wives.

Wonder how many WAGs were climbing on board for the tour of India? :whistling:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its more important with a new group to establish the team norms and accepted practices to be a team. With the changes recently to the personnel, I think it's important that a team spends time together, and that certain activities (like, for example, a team dinner before the first night of a Test) are carried on throughout the tour, even after the arrival of families/wives.

Wonder how many WAGs were climbing on board for the tour of India? :whistling:
There was about three or four of them there, all ones without kids I think. I remember seeing them cut to them all the time in one of the matches.

Redbacks

International Captain
Well according to the journo from the last report, he was there during the 05 series and players had nicked of to Paris with partners etc. during test breaks, whilst others where off around London, thus some of the team were isolated and some players felt it undermined the team spirit. Whether that 'spirit is BS or not? But I guess given the big prize on stake, leave nothing to chance this time around.

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
Dickhead isn't filtered, so there's no need to try and avoid the filter with that. ****, on the other hand, is, so you'd be well-advised not to avoid the filter with that.
It's a habit from another forum where everything is filtered.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well this isn't another forum, it's CW, and on CW it's generally accepted practice to let the filter do filtering if a word is filtered. Avoiding it is a surefire way to official warnings.