• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting shows lack of class (Chapter 94)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Ponting obviously doesn't realise we have already played the first test of the summer @ Lord's against the West Indies and that's the only real tradition we have set in stone.

I bet if we were to go on a run of 4 or 5 away series of winning @ The Gabba, they'd change it from being the opening venue.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, far out people can't wait to jump on Ponting.

Name one thing he said in that article that you have a problem with.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Poms (or indeed any other nationality) get their panties in a bunch regarding Ponting's opinions, chapter 195.

Either world cricket is pre-menstrual a surprising amount of the time, or people care a bit too much about what Ricky thinks.

Seriously, do you think there'd be a flurry of complaints if Strauss, or Vaughan, or Pietersen, Collingwood or Flintoff, whoever is captain this week came out and had a whinge?

Closest I can think of is the Dads Army crack pre 06. A couple of people just said 'that's silly' and then McGrath did his little tottering walk joke during the Gabba test.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think he's really having a whine, just stating what he thinks, and I think we probably did change the venue on purpose, and rightly so IMO

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: at Ponting

I suggest that in order to give the sad git something to complain about that we adopt his logic and now we at last have a half decent attacking off spinner that we ditch Sophia Gardens, switch the first test to Old Trafford, and prepare the sort of dustbowl that Jim Laker was given in '56

andyc

I suggest that in order to give the sad git something to complain about that we adopt his logic and now we at last have a half decent attacking off spinner that we ditch Sophia Gardens, switch the first test to Old Trafford, and prepare the sort of dustbowl that Jim Laker was given in '56
Would like some evidence of him actually complaining about this in the first place, tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Really think he gives a toss? He wasn't whinging about it at all.

And what's more, he's right. Of course it was changed deliberately. The schedule didn't announce itself, or the name "Cardiff" draw itself out of a hat.

Think you'd have a point if he'd said it was wrong they'd changed it, etc. But he didn't.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Would have been more of a surprise if the first test had been at Lords tbh, the last series was the first since 77 that started at Lords, usually started at Leeds or Edgbaston. Maybe you could say they altered schedule last time to get Lords out of the way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England did indeed change the schedule deliberately - because the schedule changes every few ****ing years. Always has done.

Absolutely nothing tactical in the shift whatsoever and the notion that it's been done because of Australia's record at Lord's shows complete ignorance on the matter of England summer scheduling. A change genuinely based on Australia's record at Lord's might be discontinuing Lord's as an Ashes venue. But nothing else.

Absolute waste of breath. Shame whoever he was talking to couldn't have put him right, see how he'd react to that.

Son Of Coco

I think Jimmy Anderson referring to himself in the third person shows a greater lack of class to be honest (not really, but to me there's no greater show of true love than calling yourself by your full name instead of 'me'). Nothing to see here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've never understood this stigma some have about referring to yourself in third-person TBH, whether it's James Anderson, Michael Clarke or Michael Vaughan or whoever. It's just a way of speaking that's a bit different, there's absolutely nothing newsworthy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.