• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Many Centuries Will Phil Hughes Score?

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
yeah, but even then surley one of those 10 times he is on 99 he would get the lucky edge and turn it into a ton:laugh:
It's more likely he hits it straight to a fielder going for a quick single and makes it (comfortably) based on the fact we couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, let alone those 3 wooden thingy's.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Lol.

I like Simmy's sig btw. Not a bad shout considering Pietersen scores quickly enough and Cook is young enough.

I think Bopara will have a chance.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
I would go with one.If the ECB takes my advice and prepares dry tracks(cross your fingers and hope for some sunny weather) and picks 2 spinners then i cant see see him getting more than one.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No passy. More likely to be 2 double tons, plus 3- 4 centuries. Have fun watching Hughes spearhead this 5-0 Ashes victory for Australia :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Awesome. I love these posters who feel the need to use not one, not two, but three :laugh: emoticons. Real top-of-the-line fellas.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's a new one.

Anyway, frey is old news - first showed-up in about March 2007 or summat. Fortunately, as you can see, he's not been what you'd call a regular visitor.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a new one.

Anyway, frey is old news - first showed-up in about March 2007 or summat. Fortunately, as you can see, he's not been what you'd call a regular visitor.
Then you and others will have no trouble ignoring him, right?

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Be funny if it did.
Ha ha, speak for yourself. :laugh:

3 centuries in 10 innings is within possibility given his experience of Lord's plus The Oval being a batting wicket.

Edgbaston, if he gets in is a possibility.

I think 2 cents, maybe 1 a biggie or double is more realistic facing our attack in conditions which suit us.

The 5-0 DEFINITELY wont happen, there's 1 guaranteed weather affected draw per home Ashes series so it's 4-0 tops. Lol

pup11

International Coach
I would go with one.If the ECB takes my advice and prepares dry tracks(cross your fingers and hope for some sunny weather) and picks 2 spinners then i cant see see him getting more than one.
I really don't see spin troubling Hughes a great deal, but he better watch out for some well directed nasty bumpers, because he might get plenty of those from Freddie & co.

I think Hughes is most likely to score 2 tons in this series, being his first Ashes series and that too away from home, he surely would feel the pressure, so he would do well to perform in this series.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I really don't see spin troubling Hughes a great deal, but he better watch out for some well directed nasty bumpers, because he might get plenty of those from Freddie & co.
England is taking a risk if they are going to rely on excessive bouncers to Phillip Hughes. South Africa attempted the same tactic, and Hughes largely thrived on it.

Perception that he struggles with the short ball because he tends to play awkward looking back foot shots off them. But I have never seen Hughes flustered by short pitched deliveries, and he is brilliant at dispatching any delivery slightly off line.