Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you think Michael Hussey will go?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

How do you think Michael Hussey will go?

Im hoping he is going to treat us to some great cricket as usual

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I reckon he'll make a ton in one of the tests, but won't set the world on fire. Average somewhere in the 40s IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I think it's near-impossible to predict how he'll go. Hussey has made a career out of lengthy purple patches and lengthy d-i-r-e trots.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    I reckon he'll make a ton in one of the tests, but won't set the world on fire. Average somewhere in the 40s IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think it's near-impossible to predict how he'll go. Hussey has made a career out of lengthy purple patches and lengthy d-i-r-e trots.
    I agree with both these posts. I would like to see him make runs, and if he doesn't, I will be calling for his head, and I'm sure a lot of aussie supporters and possibly selectors will run out of patience.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Has a great county record, i think he might find good form again about half way through the series.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    English conditions might give Hussey the chance to get back to really playing the ball late and being patient. Understandably, as he's lost form he seems to have gone harder and harder at the ball, wanting to feel it hit his bat.

I think he's got the technique to do well in English conditions. The interesting one for me will be Clarke - to see how his technical changes hold up vs the moving ball (assuming England get their hands on some mints, that is ).
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Let's hope for Clarke's sake they do - wouldn't want him to miss-out on the chance to demonstrate any new-found capability against swing, would we?

As for Hussey's county record, well, his state record ain't exactly woeful either is it?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Hussey to average mid 30s.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

He's had 1 lengthy purple patch....and 1 lengthy poor trot. That is his rather short career so far.

It's funny how players are judged against good swing bowling too...I think we'd find most will struggle, otherwise it wouldn't be 'good' swing bowling, it would be '****' swing bowling.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

I'll go for 437 runs at 62.43

It could go either way, given his horrific recent form and his previous record against England. Given the way things are, though, he is probably more likely to be sub-par, although probably not as dire as he was in SA - England don't have a bowler in Steyn's class.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post

He's had 1 lengthy purple patch....and 1 lengthy poor trot. That is his rather short career so far.
    At international level that's all there's been so far, but he'd been doing that at domestic level for the best part of a decade beforehand.
    It's funny how players are judged against good swing bowling too...I think we'd find most will struggle, otherwise it wouldn't be 'good' swing bowling, it would be '****' swing bowling.
    Ind33d.

International 12th Man
    He'll probably fail and a bunch of idiots will say that he can't combat bowler-friendly conditions and they'll convienently ignore the fact that he went into the series in horrid form. Despite all of this, he has one of the best batting techniques in world cricket.

Probs average mid-30's. He hasn't been playing well, but I still have faith in him.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    His bad run of form a little overstated for me. Got a few poor decisions against SA and NZ, and never looked in great nick (although it's conveniently forgotten that he never really does, even when he was churning out the runs).

I expect him to do fairly well in England.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information