• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Whenever we lose this, that'll make 6 defeats out of 6 Ashes Tests since you joined CW. :dry:

In the time before yours it was 10 games, 5 losses, 3 wins, 2 rain-affected draws that would've been wins had lost play been able to be made-up. England had just lost an Ashes four-one before CW came into existence.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Debatable on the draw at The Oval tbf, though I agree we'd have won, many would disagree

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you suddenly told the players on the last afternoon that there was going to be a sixth day I think it's irrefutable England would've won. However, if it'd been known all through the whole game that a draw would only happen once 450 overs had been bowled, the game would've taken a completely different course as Australia would never have stayed on and been ripped apart by Hoggard and Flintoff on the fourth afternoon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You've ben hoping to change my avatar since martin Johnson was yours back in 07, haven't ya ripper :p

ripper868

International Coach
You've ben hoping to change my avatar since martin Johnson was yours back in 07, haven't ya ripper :p
:p that's a big yes right there mate. I thought twas you who took me up on it but thought it may have possibly been brumbles, was gonna mention it last night actually. Will have to wait till at least the third test to use it i think, Cardiff was the chance gone begging.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll be up for it at the end of the Ashes if England win at least one Test. I'll hold it for one month per Test won (ie 1 Test = 1 month, 2 Tests = 2 months etc.).

BUT NO MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll take that. To get it straight though- i lose if England win no tests. I'm not going one-month-per-Australian-victory.
You have yourself a deal Uppercut.
I may be a little late Craigos, but I own your avatar for a month. Could be more after the Oval.

Quite fancy this one tbh: