• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So who is attending?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Got Lord's tickets, but 5th day only. :( Better than nothing obviously, but there's a reason 5th day tickets are so cheap...hopefully this year will buck the trend and we'll have ourselves a 5-day classic that goes down to the final session.

Am investigating options to somehow find myself some tickets for the one or more of the first four days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Keep checking regularly as more become available with returns etc as the event approaches

But you're right, getting anything beyond day three is silly given the fact that England won't have to bat twice in most games :ph34r:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keep checking regularly as more become available with returns etc as the event approaches

But you're right, getting anything beyond day three is silly given the fact that England won't have to bat twice in most games :ph34r:
LMAO. Seriously.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Which day you going on?

How come you go the Edgbaston games, then? I'm guessing London is closer for you - is it easier to get tix for Brum, or do you just prefer it? I know Birmingham is cheaper than Lord's/Oval, but would imagine for you this would be negated by the extra train fare or petrol or whatever

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Which day you going on?

How come you go the Edgbaston games, then? I'm guessing London is closer for you - is it easier to get tix for Brum, or do you just prefer it? I know Birmingham is cheaper than Lord's/Oval, but would imagine for you this would be negated by the extra train fare or petrol or whatever
The Friday:)

It's my mate who lives in Tamworth, his missus gets him two tickets to watch an international match at Edgbaston every year, and as she doesn't like cricket he invites me up. So I don't have to pay for the tickets, which lets face it, makes it a hell of a lot cheaper. So I shall splurge on a train. Which reminds me, better get it soon, advance makes it marginally less exorbitant.

He prefers one-day stuff shockingly, but he's okay for an Ashes Test match.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got Lord's tickets, but 5th day only. :( Better than nothing obviously, but there's a reason 5th day tickets are so cheap...hopefully this year will buck the trend and we'll have ourselves a 5-day classic that goes down to the final session.

Am investigating options to somehow find myself some tickets for the one or more of the first four days.
Think I am going to go for a 5'th day ticket as well, there are still some left. Just hope that Lords pitch is as good as it has been the last few years, think there is a pretty good chance that there will be a decent amount of cricket there's always the chance of rain in the previous days. Whether the match will reach an exciting conclusion of course is another matter.

Langeveldt

Soutie
How much are tickets now? Obviously things are cheaper here, but I got into a full house at the Wanderers against Australia for 25 rand, about 1 pound 90...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How much are tickets now? Obviously things are cheaper here, but I got into a full house at the Wanderers against Australia for 25 rand, about 1 pound 90...
My ticket was £70

I'll happily pay the difference in exchange for the reduced risk of being mugged en route to the game though :ph34r:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Think i paid about 8 quid to go and watch the commonwealth bank final in 07 though, prices are a bit of joke and directly a result of the ECB's highest bidder wins process.

Paid a tenner to watch the 5th day in 05 :lol: think the first day ticket was about 30 quid as well

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, the prices have steadily gone up since 05, that being said you pay £70 for 7 hours of international cricket and the same amount of ninety minutes of international football. I guess since the Ashes win they decided that they could get the kind of money that football generates in that way