• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Choose Australia's attack for the Ashes

Choose Australia's bowling line-up for the Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to see Natalie Imbruglia and Kylie Minogue open the attack with Rolf Harris and Jason Donovan the third and fourth seamers - that would leave Clive James as the best spinning option.
I'm still not convinced we'd win but at least there might be someone wearing more jewellery that Kevin Pietersen.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If Natalie Imbruglia opens the attack nude then I'd be all for that. We can win them back in a year and a bit anyway. Some things in life are more important.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Johnson and Siddle should be certainties.... Other than that it should be dependant on form.

Evermind

International Debutant
It doesn't say how many bowlers to be picked so I thought maybe the poll programme will stop me when I have nominated the 'upper limit'. I started checking names from the best bowler (in my opinion) onwards and kept doing it till stopped ..... I wasn't :sleep:

Then I thought maybe it was a list for an all time Australian bowling attack but I quickly realised that it wasn't long enough for that - for that list would have 298 entries (by a criteria at least as stringent as what may have been adopted for this list) as on date from Warne who bowled those boring 40.705 balls to Peter Toohey whose career was illuminated by those two tantalising deliveries he bowled to a pair of nervous West Indian openers. Unfortunately they hit the winning run off the second of these and we were deprived of more of this genius at the bowling crease.

I wish there were a pic for "Old Man Rambles at Cloud"

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
55 voters in thread, and only 48 votes for Johnson. Would love to hear from the 7 who didn't vote for him. Perhaps you'd like to have Bollinger, Noffke and Hilfenhaus lead the attack?

Also, good job andyc, cheeky_vinu, KiWiNiNjA, SJS, Son Of Coco.

inbox24

International Debutant
Well the thing is Evermind, if everyone is fully fit and at their peak, we've already got 4 quick bowlers, it'd be impossible to fit Hilfenhaus in. Probably just have him in the squad as cover.

jondavluc

State Regular
55 voters in thread, and only 48 votes for Johnson. Would love to hear from the 7 who didn't vote for him. Perhaps you'd like to have Bollinger, Noffke and Hilfenhaus lead the attack?

Also, good job andyc, cheeky_vinu, KiWiNiNjA, SJS, Son Of Coco.
I have a feeling the other seven voted for bracken.:)

Evermind

International Debutant
Well the thing is Evermind, if everyone is fully fit and at their peak, we've already got 4 quick bowlers, it'd be impossible to fit Hilfenhaus in. Probably just have him in the squad as cover.
Not a big fan of Hilfenhaus myself - pretty ok if he doesn't fit in.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Assuming fitness:

Johnson
Clark
Siddle
Bracken (Feel he's more suited to English conditions than Lee. A horses for courses selection)

Symonds/ North
Clarke
Katich