View Poll Results: What would you prefer?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australian - The Ashes

    9 25.00%
  • England - The Ashes

    8 22.22%
  • Australia - Other cricket

    5 13.89%
  • England - Other Cricket

    3 8.33%
  • Neutral and think this is a stupid question

    11 30.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Ashes vs other cricket

  1. #1
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426

    Ashes vs other cricket

    For Australian and English fans - if you had to choose between having Ashes contests only or all other cricket without any Ashes, which would you choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.

  2. #2
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    8,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    For Australian and English fans - if you had to choose between having Ashes contests only or all other cricket without any Ashes, which would you choose?
    The Ashes for me is what it's all about, even though England almost always lose. I'm like a moth to a horrible cricketing flame.

  3. #3
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    22,955
    Would think an international sport with only two contestants (rugby league, don't slink out of the room while I'm talking...) would be rather farcical, so voted all others.

    Mind, I should maybe be taken as neutral since I didn't grow up with English cricket.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

  4. #4
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,217
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Ashes for me is what it's all about, even though England almost always lose. I'm like a moth to a horrible cricketing flame.
    Tush Mr Z !!! - the worm is turning - we will be celebrating come the end of August


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    8,991
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Tush Mr Z !!! - the worm is turning - we will be celebrating come the end of August
    Why? Is that when your Australian citizenship comes through?

  6. #6
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,217
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Why? Is that when your Australian citizenship comes through?
    perish the thought!!

    anyway when I applied once for a visa to go there it was refused

  7. #7
    Banned Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    20,793
    I think this question has stupid options. I would prefer neither of the 4 options. Ashes have been one sided barring the 2005 series for ages. Australia v another team were boring contests till not that long ago. England v another team is still interesting as it is good contests. So I would vote England - other cricket but there is so much cricket better than the four options - India-Sri Lanka, South Africa-England for two.
    Last edited by Pratters; 13-03-2009 at 05:15 PM.

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Sri Lanka v Bangladesh ftw
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  9. #9
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Nothing gets the juices flowing like a Pakistan-Sri Lanka nailbiter tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

  10. #10
    School Boy/Girl Captain grant28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    149
    I'm afraid you havent got the correct option for me. I would vote for England and this is a stupid question. Yes I prefer the Ashes but I wouldnt want to play them all the time and nobody else! How it is now will do just fine thanks!

  11. #11
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    India-Australia or South Africa-Australia.

    Would rather see some good cricket than watch England get smashed for the umpteenth time.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  12. #12
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    For Australian and English fans - if you had to choose between having Ashes contests only or all other cricket without any Ashes, which would you choose?
    Congratulations to the following people on their illiteracy... tbh that's why I put in the fifth option, because I've no doubt this will seem a stupid question to neutral parties. To be fair however, so far the Aussie vote is 1-1 and the English vote is 3-1, with the 1 being a non-Englishman who didn't read the question properly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Would think an international sport with only two contestants (rugby league, don't slink out of the room while I'm talking...) would be rather farcical, so voted all others.

    Mind, I should maybe be taken as neutral since I didn't grow up with English cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    I think this question has stupid options. I would prefer neither of the 4 options. Ashes have been one sided barring the 2005 series for ages. Australia v another team were boring contests till not that long ago. England v another team is still interesting as it is good contests. So I would vote England - other cricket but there is so much cricket better than the four options - India-Sri Lanka, South Africa-England for two.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Sri Lanka v Bangladesh ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Nothing gets the juices flowing like a Pakistan-Sri Lanka nailbiter tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by grant28 View Post
    I'm afraid you havent got the correct option for me. I would vote for England and this is a stupid question. Yes I prefer the Ashes but I wouldnt want to play them all the time and nobody else! How it is now will do just fine thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    India-Australia or South Africa-Australia.

    Would rather see some good cricket than watch England get smashed for the umpteenth time.

  13. #13
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Congratulations to the following people on their illiteracy... tbh that's why I put in the fifth option, because I've no doubt this will seem a stupid question to neutral parties. To be fair however, so far the Aussie vote is 1-1 and the English vote is 3-1, with the 1 being a non-Englishman who didn't read the question properly.
    I don't know whats bugging you today. You've been putting out the roll eyes and the put downs. Tad ill informed too, considering I didn't even vote in the poll :shrug:

  14. #14
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,571
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I don't know whats bugging you today. You've been putting out the roll eyes and the put downs. Tad ill informed too, considering I didn't even vote in the poll :shrug:
    Still quite clearly a thread intended only for the poms and the convicts though.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  15. #15
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I don't know whats bugging you today. You've been putting out the roll eyes and the put downs. Tad ill informed too, considering I didn't even vote in the poll :shrug:
    haha - taking me much too seriously! The roll eyes in the CW chestnut were in large part tongue in cheek, and again my 'put down' this thread was made more in jest than with the intent of insult.
    Last edited by Matt79; 13-03-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Domestic Cricket Draft
    By chaminda_00 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 363
    Last Post: 18-03-2009, 03:51 AM
  2. What is the right balance for domestic cricket?
    By chaminda_00 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
  3. Everest the new cricket venue
    By Xuhaib in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-01-2009, 02:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •