Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Aussie Ashes Squad?

long term spells over in england count for more than a couple of games and league cricket, where conditions are going to be different to what is produced for first class and test cricket. coupled to the fact that hodge and hussey should be in front of watson for a game as batsmen.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    its not averaging well over 50 for multiple seasons.
    Well Watson did bloody well while he was there!
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    He took 60 first class wickets in the summer just gone. I dont think his action has negatively impacted on him at all. Furthermore, he has strung together many consecutive games without injury.
    I'm not saying he is anything but a supreme talent, but he's not better than Lee yet, not by a long shot. Lee had a good run in FC cricket before he was picked too, and had an awesome start to his test career. He's still a much better bowler now than he was 5 years ago.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    long term spells over in england count for more than a couple of games and league cricket, where conditions are going to be different to what is produced for first class and test cricket. coupled to the fact that hodge and hussey should be in front of watson for a game as batsmen.
    Hodge and Hussey are in front as a batsmen but we all know Australia has been looking for an all rounder for some time.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

i'm pretty sure that mike hussey played division 1 last year. stand to be corrected, though. just think that hussey, especially, has been overlooked far too often, and has been so consistent over so long. and i don't believe that if we lose a batsman, we should compromise the state of our batting order for the sake of an all-rounder, which in recent times we haven't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    I'm not saying he is anything but a supreme talent, but he's not better than Lee yet, not by a long shot. Lee had a good run in FC cricket before he was picked too, and had an awesome start to his test career. He's still a much better bowler now than he was 5 years ago.
    would be interested to see how many first class wickets brett lee took before getting a game in the australian side. from memory, he hadn't really strung a full season together, he's selection came on the back of a few good games and then bowling fireballs at the waca for nsw when mark and steve waugh were playing.

i'm pretty sure that mike hussey played division 1 last year. stand to be corrected, though. just think that hussey, especially, has been overlooked far too often, and has been so consistent over so long. and i don't believe that if we lose a batsman, we should compromise the state of our batting order for the sake of an all-rounder, which in recent times we haven't needed.
    Last season Hussey played half a season for Gloucestershire, who were a Div1 side, but most of his county cricket has been for Notts who were a Div 2 side when he played for them. On Watson the guy does average 45 with the bat in FC, i think that coupled with his bowling would get in front of Hussey or Hodge, but it doesn't matter which way u go IMO. Interesting note that Hodge's FC average is 47.5, not much better the Watson, Hussey's is 51.7 BTW.

My squad

Langer
    Hayden
    Hussey - spare opener
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Katich
    Clarke

Gilchrist

Haddin
    Watson

Warne
    MacGill

Gillespie
    McGrath
    Kaspa
    Tait
    Lee

I don't think Hodge will be picked as both Watson and Haddin can fit the role of middle order batsman. Watson can also fill in a bowler's role. They will take Hussey to give the openers a break or if Hayden continues to fail.(unlikely though)

Tait and MacGill can't be ignored after stellar seasons.
    Cullen still might go if they pick 17 for the experiance.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Last season Hussey played half a season for Gloucestershire, who were a Div1 side, but most of his county cricket has been for Notts who were a Div 2 side when he played for them. On Watson the guy does average 45 with the bat in FC, i think that coupled with his bowling would get in front of Hussey or Hodge, but it doesn't matter which way u go IMO. Interesting note that Hodge's FC average is 47.5, not much better the Watson, Hussey's is 51.7 BTW.
    yes, thats true. but his figures from 1999 onwards would make much better reading. after a stellar first year, where he nearly got 1000 runs in about 1994/95 (from memory), he didn't make more than 500 runs for about 6 seasons after that. it is only in the new millenium that he's really found his feet as a batsman.

yes, thats true. but his figures from 1999 onwards would make much better reading. after a stellar first year, where he nearly got 1000 runs in about 1994/95 (from memory), he didn't make more than 500 runs for about 6 seasons after that. it is only in the new millenium that he's really found his feet as a batsman.
    Your right, but i still think that Watson is a better option then Hodge or Hussey cus of his bowling. BTW do u know an Australian website that has the domestic stats for players, like CricInfo does with English players.

Your right, but i still think that Watson is a better option then Hodge or Hussey cus of his bowling. BTW do u know an Australian website that has the domestic stats for players, like CricInfo does with English players.
    Cricinfo does stats for all FC players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Cricinfo does stats for all FC players.
    But not stats for each domestic season, unless u play in England

But not stats for each domestic season, unless u play in England
    They do stats for the Pura and ING cups.

Edit: Here you go. Australian Domestic Statistics

If you want previous seasons, click on the 'Season Archive' in the sidebar.
    Last edited by Mr Casson; 31-03-2005 at 03:04 AM.

Oh wait, I think I know what you're talking about now...

It's still easy enough to do if you go to each season and pull up the person you want in the 'runs by alphabetical' section.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    Oh wait, I think I know what you're talking about now...

It's still easy enough to do if you go to each season and pull up the person you want in the 'runs by alphabetical' section.
    One example of how it isn't easy, how many season has Hodge played, if i wanted to look at his domestic record it would take for ever to look how well his preformed throghout his career each season.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information