Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Aussie Ashes Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    So ur saying that Lee was better 5 years ago then now
    I think he was more effective, yeah. Anyone who watched his last Test Match would probably agree.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    I think he was more effective, yeah. Anyone who watched his last Test Match would probably agree.
    Firstly his last test was 14 months ago and secondly he wasn't no where near full fittness for that Test Series aganist India. Everyone forgives Gillespie for his poor form in that Test Series cus he wasn't fully fit, but they seems to forget that Brett Lee was also not fully fit.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    I think that the squad will be as listed in the first post except that MacGill will be picked instead of Cullen. His day will come.

Personally I would select Hussey instead of Hodge so that there is a spare opener. Katich should not be used as a test opener.

aussie

Quote Originally Posted by The Argonaut
    I think that the squad will be as listed in the first post except that MacGill will be picked instead of Cullen. His day will come.

Personally I would select Hussey instead of Hodge so that there is a spare opener. Katich should not be used as a test opener.
    fair point mate selecting Hussey has a back up opener wont be a bad option, maybe they should pick 18 in stead of 17

Firstly his last test was 14 months ago and secondly he wasn't no where near full fittness for that Test Series aganist India. Everyone forgives Gillespie for his poor form in that Test Series cus he wasn't fully fit, but they seems to forget that Brett Lee was also not fully fit.
    That last Test Match that he played was just a continuation of his form before that, because in his last 10 Test Matches he averages 37.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    fair point mate selecting Hussey has a back up opener wont be a bad option, maybe they should pick 18 in stead of 17
    I think they will pick 16 cus they have allot of guys playing county cricket if required

That last Test Match that he played was just a continuation of his form before that, because in his last 10 Test Matches he averages 37.
    I think that is irrelevent considering he has played a Test in 14 months and it still doesn't make Tait a better bowler then him yet

aussie

I think they will pick 16 cus they have allot of guys playing county cricket if required
    yeah they might well and do that

I think that is irrelevent considering he has played a Test in 14 months and it still doesn't make Tait a better bowler then him yet
    Did you ever think that one of the main reasons that he hasn't played a Test in 14 months may well actually be due to that recent Test average of 37, and his ordinary economy rate?

Did you ever think that one of the main reasons that he hasn't played a Test in 14 months may well actually be due to that recent Test average of 37, and his ordinary economy rate?
    Yeah it does have an influence but i think injuries, lack of domestic cricket and the three guys infront of are the major reason. Just look at Sami, he keeps getting pick by Pakistan but has a worse record then Lee.

michael hussey will probably be over in england anyways, same with brad hodge. either way, if one of them is required, they'll only be a phone call away. it'd be interesting to know whether with guys like hodge, hussey and haddin whether the selectors would prefer them, cricketing wise, playing county cricket and risk being overworked, or on tour and get less match time than they otherwise would.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    michael hussey will probably be over in england anyways, same with brad hodge. either way, if one of them is required, they'll only be a phone call away. it'd be interesting to know whether with guys like hodge, hussey and haddin whether the selectors would prefer them, cricketing wise, playing county cricket and risk being overworked, or on tour and get less match time than they otherwise would.
    Has Haddin got a county contract cus i haven't heard of any???

aussie

Has Haddin got a county contract cus i haven't heard of any???
    no he doesn't, haddin has never gone over to england to play county cricket

i'm not saying that he has. i'm talking hypotheticals, the guys who would go on tour and struggle to play a test.

aussie

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    i'm not saying that he has. i'm talking hypotheticals, the guys who would go on tour and struggle to play a test.
    oh ok

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information