Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack Fletcher!!!!

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar

Sack Fletcher!!!!

Todays loss comfirms that the man who is in Chage of the English Cricket team is simply a Buffon, who has clearly lost the plot, if this man stays as coach of the England team then we will go Backwards.

SACK HIM NOW ECB

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I think if 5-0 did not convince someone, a 20/20 match won't really do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.hinton View Post
    Todays loss comfirms that the man who is in Chage of the English Cricket team is simply a Buffon, who has clearly lost the plot, if this man stays as coach of the England team then we will go Backwards.

SACK HIM NOW ECB
    Dunc=

Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Breakout Champion!
    SACK HIM NOW ECB
    Now, there are plenty of reasons to sack Fletcher, but you don't sack a coach in the middle of a tour.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar

SACK HIM NOW ECB
    How on Earth does a Twenty20 game do anything of the sort?
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

if a team does poorly the first person everyone blames is the coach!...wrong asumption, mark philloposues for example has been through about 20 coaches in 5 years. i think we should be looking at the players and maybe even the selectors rather than the coach.

Interestingly, that's not strictly true.

Duncan Fletcher has (rightly IMO) rarely been blamed much for England's few disasters since he took the position.

What's changed now is probably nothing more than a matter of things coming around eventually.

Nonetheless, changing coach now is about the worst idea possible.

after the ashes, before the WC is the way to go in my opinion.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

And yet... really, what good can come of that?

Indeed, of course, I'd argue that little good can come of changing coach at all, but surely the week (something like that) between Australia tour and World Cup invites chaos?

It sometimes annoys me how the coaches get the blame. I mean he had a large part in them winning the ashes in 2005 it was the players to blame this time as none of the players consistenetely stood up and performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    And yet... really, what good can come of that?

Indeed, of course, I'd argue that little good can come of changing coach at all, but surely the week (something like that) between Australia tour and World Cup invites chaos?
    It might make the players sit up and take notice, i mean how much worse can it get? If the coach goes then the players have to work harder to adjust to a new coach, gives them a kick up the arse. Exactly what they need i say.

So the loss of the man who could quite justifiably be called the best coach in Test history would be a worthwhile price to pay for that?

I don't think so.

Far better to drop someone like Anderson to "give the kick up the arse", as he's someone who can come back from such a thing.

There are sound reasons why most of the current team (coach included) should stay. Equally, there are sound reasons for the return of Trescothick and Vaughan should they be in suitable state.

So the loss of the man who could quite justifiably be called the best coach in Test history would be a worthwhile price to pay for that?

I don't think so.

Far better to drop someone like Anderson to "give the kick up the arse", as he's someone who can come back from such a thing.

There are sound reasons why most of the current team (coach included) should stay. Equally, there are sound reasons for the return of Trescothick and Vaughan should they be in suitable state.
    I think best test coach in history is a bit much, I certainly never thought of him a s such. Hes done a great job mind, but his time has come, england havent really progressed at all since the last ashes.

Who's been better then? Bobby Simpson? Bob Woolmer? They're the only ones even close to his class.

Why haven't England progressed much since the last Ashes? All sorts of reasons. How many of those are due to poor methods from Duncan Fletcher? I'd say precisely none. His only real mistake of this series was sticking to his guns and picking Anderson ahead of Panesar at The 'Gabba and Adelaide.

Other than that, he's done little wrong and I'd be very, very worried about what the future might hold if he were not to have his contract extended after the World Cup.

Who's been better then? Bobby Simpson? Bob Woolmer? They're the only ones even close to his class.

Why haven't England progressed much since the last Ashes? All sorts of reasons. How many of those are due to poor methods from Duncan Fletcher? I'd say precisely none. His only real mistake of this series was sticking to his guns and picking Anderson ahead of Panesar at The 'Gabba and Adelaide.

Other than that, he's done little wrong and I'd be very, very worried about what the future might hold if he were not to have his contract extended after the World Cup.
    The test of a coach is his results and 5-0 is ****. Get rid of him...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information