Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of 10 - The Player Performances

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Anyone who claims they did is a liar.

I'd be willing to bet that no-one in history has watched every single ball of a 5- or 6-match Test series (and quite conceivably of a 2-, 3- or 4- too), including players and the most attentive of match-reporters.
    In the summer of 1995-96 I watched every ball of that series. I had just finished grade 10 and didn't have a job, therefore I had no money to do anything. I was up every morning and watched every ball of the series - I had nothing else to do.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    I watched (IIRC) every ball of the 3rd test at Perth between Aus and NZ, back in 2001.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Anyone who claims they did is a liar.

I'd be willing to bet that no-one in history has watched every single ball of a 5- or 6-match Test series (and quite conceivably of a 2-, 3- or 4- too), including players and the most attentive of match-reporters.
    Scorers, perhaps?

I've watched every single ball of an entire day before, and if I'd had the time and could be bothered, I'm sure I could watch every single ball of a Test match or a Test series. What made you think it was so impossible? 2-hour sessions aren't that long.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I'm fairly sure I watched every delivery of the 2005 Ashes. Missed a session or two of the Perth test this time around, and bits of Melbourne too.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    In the summer of 1995-96 I watched every ball of that series. I had just finished grade 10 and didn't have a job, therefore I had no money to do anything. I was up every morning and watched every ball of the series - I had nothing else to do.
    And you never glanced away from the TV and missed the odd ball, or went to make a drink during a drinks-break and missed the first couple of deliveries of the next over?

Sorry, but I really do find that impossible to believe.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Scorers, perhaps?
    I find it impossible to believe that a scorer has never looked away for half a second, missed the actual happenings of the delivery but been able to take it down accurately because they knew who the striker was and how many runs were run.

Or else missed the odd few deliveries and relied on their fellow scorer.
    I've watched every single ball of an entire day before, and if I'd had the time and could be bothered, I'm sure I could watch every single ball of a Test match or a Test series. What made you think it was so impossible? 2-hour sessions aren't that long.
    A single Test is another thing - I've probably done that once or twice. Still wouldn't think there'd be an enormous number who've done such a thing, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    I'm fairly sure I watched every delivery of the 2005 Ashes. Missed a session or two of the Perth test this time around, and bits of Melbourne too.
    And for someone who was watching through the night, that's even more inconceivable.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Haha Richard no. You can't possibly think you know more about what other people do than the people themselves.

Here we go again.

Tell me something... do you know that there is such a thing as insanity?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post
    Haha Richard no. You can't possibly think you know more about what other people do than the people themselves.
    Why not?

He's already made that claim before - and no doubt will again.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    And you never glanced away from the TV and missed the odd ball, or went to make a drink during a drinks-break and missed the first couple of deliveries of the next over?

And people who record the game and can pause it at will? Or people who simply do such things when they aren't going to miss any of the game? I suppose they don't exist?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

No. I even sat and watched the cricket show in the lunch break. That was when I went to get my lunch or whatever. If you're organised it is an easy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    And people who record the game and can pause it at will? Or people who simply do such things when they aren't going to miss any of the game? I suppose they don't exist?
    So someone does something that means they never have to leave their seat 25 days out of 25?

Pull the other one.

Everyone needs a drink \ stretch of neck\legs \ change of scene at least a few times in that.

And people are going to record 25 days' worth of cricket and re-watch the whole lot, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    No. I even sat and watched the cricket show in the lunch break. That was when I went to get my lunch or whatever. If you're organised it is an easy thing to do.
    Well, if that is what you feel, all well and good - but as I say, I find it impossible to believe you because my own experience makes it appear impossible.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Well, if that is what you feel, all well and good - but as I say, I find it impossible to believe you because my own experience makes it appear impossible.
    I find it impossible to believe that anyone can run 100m in 10 seconds because my own experience makes it appear impossible.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information