• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Always look on the bright side of life....

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
As an exceedingly depressed England fan, I thought I'd come up with some reasons for us to be cheerful..

1) We don't play the Aussies now for another 2 1/2 years!
2) The daily ritual of waking up in the morning, switching on the radio and hearing Aggers describe the latest abject collapse is over (well at least till next winter!)
3) Surely, for once, our ODI side can't do worse than the Test team? 8-)
4) We won't have to suffer all the hype before the next Ashes series. :)

Any more, anyone?!

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Geraint Jones has finally been dropped, probably forever
Flintoff will never captain the side again.
Everyone has finally realized that luck played a big part in Englands victory in 2005.
Everyone has finally come to the realisation that our selectors are hopeless, something that should have been apparent before.

Stumped

Banned
Geraint Jones has finally been dropped, probably forever
Flintoff will never captain the side again.
Everyone has finally realized that luck played a big part in Englands victory in 2005.
Everyone has finally come to the realisation that our selectors are hopeless, something that should have been apparent before.
:laugh: ...good call

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I realised i get my kicks from hearing the barmy army.and that 2009 will be an awesome series

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
As an exceedingly depressed England fan, I thought I'd come up with some reasons for us to be cheerful..

1) We don't play the Aussies now for another 2 1/2 years!
2) The daily ritual of waking up in the morning, switching on the radio and hearing Aggers describe the latest abject collapse is over (well at least till next winter!)
3) Surely, for once, our ODI side can't do worse than the Test team? 8-)
4) We won't have to suffer all the hype before the next Ashes series. :)

Any more, anyone?!
1) Yes - that should be long enough to find a keeper and a quick bowler or two, and give the young batters some much needed experience.
2) Dead right.
3) Shouldn't count on it.
4) Ditto

Here's a couple more:
- the thought of Steve Harmison on "Strictly Come Dancing" next winter
- no more of John Buchanan's charmless whining

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
1) Yes - that should be long enough to find a keeper and a quick bowler or two, and give the young batters some much needed experience.
2) Dead right.
3) Shouldn't count on it.
4) Ditto

Here's a couple more:
- the thought of Steve Harmison on "Strictly Come Dancing" next winter
- no more of John Buchanan's charmless whining
Indeed, my tongue was firmly in my cheek on number 3! :happy:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
1. The only way is up
2. Warne, Mcgrath, and Langer have all pissed off
3. Watching Panesar celebrate is always something to look forward too.
4. Stuart Broad and others will emerge, play test cricket for England, and solve the impending crisis we are now facing.
5. Fletcher and co will be long departed, and be replaced by someone with cricket knowledge
6. The next time we win a test series, everyone will recieve a knighthood. The players, The staff. Hell, even the fans will get OBE's

ripper868

International Coach
1. 6. The next time we win a test series, everyone will recieve a knighthood. The players, The staff. Hell, even the fans will get OBE's
even if it is just against bangladesh?

positives to come out........................um.........................................
KP batted ok.
warne mcgrath and langer are gone to be replaced by macgill, johnson and north/jaques/hodge/cosgrove.
......................................................................thatrs bout it