• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would the other teams have done?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
How would the other teams have done in this series against the Aussies?

1) West Indies
2) New Zealand
3) India
4) Pakistan
5) Sri Lanka
6) South Africa

My opinion...

1) 5-0 Aus
2) 3-1 Aus
3) 2-0 Aus
4) 2-0 Aus
5) 3-0 Aus
6) 3-1 Aus

sideshowtim

Banned
If Australia were playing any other side they probably wouldn't have played with the intensity they did in this series, so it would improve others chances of winning. However in this sort of touch I can't imagine any of those teams beating Australia once.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They beat the 2nd best team in the world 5-0, so they would all be 5-0. ;)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
If Australia were playing any other side they probably wouldn't have played with the intensity they did in this series, so it would improve others chances of winning. However in this sort of touch I can't imagine any of those teams beating Australia once.
I can because of the reason you mentioned above.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How would the other teams have done in this series against the Aussies?

1) West Indies
2) New Zealand
3) India
4) Pakistan
5) Sri Lanka
6) South Africa

My opinion...

1) 5-0 Aus
2) 3-1 Aus
3) 2-0 Aus
4) 2-0 Aus
5) 3-0 Aus
6) 3-1 Aus
What evidence is there to suggest that New Zealand or South Africa would have beaten Australia in a Test match?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
What evidence is there to suggest that New Zealand or South Africa would have beaten Australia in a Test match?
Just my gut feeling, this wasn't meant to be a serious thread where I analyzed all possibilities and and statistics to come up with logical solutions.

It was just a meant to be fun thread to see what everyone's gut feeling was about this.

Also, you never know the with the black jerseys the sun might've reflected into McGrath's eyes and he would not have bowled as well as he did.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Just my gut feeling, this wasn't meant to be a serious thread where I analyzed all possibilities and and statistics to come up with logical solutions.

It was just a meant to be fun thread to see what everyone's gut feeling was about this.

Also, you never know the with the black jerseys the sun might've reflected into McGrath's eyes and he would not have bowled as well as he did.
The fact is that New Zealand hasn't beaten Australia in a Test in forever and South Africa is struggling to deal with one of the worst travelling teams (India), in South Africa. It's really hard to find faith that they would be capable of doing better than England.

If Panesar's beard couldn't prevent a whitewash...well, there ya go.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact is that New Zealand hasn't beaten Australia in a Test in forever and South Africa is struggling to deal with one of the worst travelling teams (India), in South Africa. It's really hard to find faith that they would be capable of doing better than England.

If Panesar's beard couldn't prevent a whitewash...well, there ya go.
Vettori's glasses and Paul Harris' hair would...

On a serious note, there is always a first time for everything. Also, one of the worst travelling teams, but let's not forget, in the past few years we have improved considerably.

You're just mad I put WI 5-0 :p .

Mr Mxyzptlk

Vettori's glasses and Paul Harris' hair would...
If Pietersen's ego couldn't prevent a whitewash...
On a serious note, there is always a first time for everything. Also, one of the worst travelling teams, but let's not forget, in the past few years we have improved considerably.
Admittedly yes, but South Africa really shouldn't be struggling to beat India on South African pitches if they are to even compete with Australia in Australia.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
If Pietersen's ego couldn't prevent a whitewash...

Admittedly yes, but South Africa really shouldn't be struggling to beat India on South African pitches if they are to even compete with Australia in Australia.
Agreed, but once again it was just a fun little thing... if I went into analyzing the different teams properly and logically, I am sure the overall results against each team would not be so pretty.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Agreed, but once again it was just a fun little thing... if I went into analyzing the different teams properly and logically, I am sure the overall results against each team would not be so pretty.
Agreed. The West Indies would sneak it 3-2 off Bravo's bat.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If Australia played a similar level of cricket, they would have beaten any team in the world 5-0, and in fact would probably have hammered a number of them even worse. South Africa toured last year and Australia didn't play half as well and still won 5 of the 6 tests, so I don't see why they'd have managed to win one.

Obviously it depends a bit on individual performances, but realistically I don't think there's any way you could predict a score other than 5-0.

Mr Mxyzptlk

West Indies, India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and South Africa would undoubtedly have been thrashed IMO. Pakistan may have competed a bit better, but would still have gone down 5-0.