Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The worst Australian team for years?

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Yes hayden must be vulnerable when the ball is seaming and bouncing....being one of only 2 batters to score good runs on a pitch that finally did something for bowlers in melbourne.
    I mean against a semi-decent pace attack, England are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Yes hayden must be vulnerable when the ball is seaming and bouncing....being one of only 2 batters to score good runs on a pitch that finally did something for bowlers in melbourne.
    Just about every batsman is more vulnerable when the ball is moving and bouncing. Hayden would have to be absolutely extraordinary or even beyond that to be exempt. He's scored runs in difficult conditions before, but it's blatantly obvious that he has a weakness against the moving ball. It doesn't make him a bad batsman though. Every batsman has weaknesses.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    I think many of the people who responded seriously, including me, were being sarcastic. To counter attack a silly thread you need a sarcastic response.

Nice try - although it could seen as using a double deflective simile to renounce your membership of the gullable pratt club.................or the other hand. Who Cares? No one!
    Exactly.

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
    by no means is this the worst australian team

if england are loosing 4-0 with a match to go in a five match series i think there should be a thread about how bad england are
    Why not a thread about how much of a tool you are?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Simmah down nowh.

Curveball Champion!
    I couldn't help it, my sharp wit means that snappy retorts just come naturaly

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Hayden has shown that he is very vulnerable when the ball is seaming around and bouncing. He looked weak against the remnants of the great West Indian fast bowlers, and couldn't cope with the extreme pace of an unfit Shoaib Akhtar.
    Well of course he's vulnerable when the ball is seaming and bouncing - name a player in the history of the game who hasn't been. Some handle it better than others, but everyone's vulnerable to it. He's been the dominant opener in world cricket for over half a decade - he struggled in England last year but has scored runs virtually everywhere else. He's nearing the end but he's been quality for a long time.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Well of course he's vulnerable when the ball is seaming and bouncing - name a player in the history of the game who hasn't been. Some handle it better than others, but everyone's vulnerable to it. He's been the dominant opener in world cricket for over half a decade - he struggled in England last year but has scored runs virtually everywhere else. He's nearing the end but he's been quality for a long time.
    Of course, I'm not doubting his skill one bit, but he seems to be more susceptable to the seaming ball than most, escpecially as an opener.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information