• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Buchanan: "KP not a team player"

Craig

World Traveller
sideshowtim said:
He didn't hit out with the tail in Perth. He took a single off the first ball of every over to maintain his average.

Look, you can call me an idiot all you want. Pietersen might be averaging 50, but that means nothing if his team is getting hammered. He has to do what is best for the team. Some of you may have forgotten the small fact that cricket is indeed a team game and it's the teams results that matter.
And like Pietersen hitting Australia's golden boy Shane Warne into the stands on a few occasions then in Perth? In fact that is how I remember him getting out in the first innings with Pietersen going the tonk (well trying to).

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Buchanan's just being a fag because he's happy that no-one's saying he should be sacked at the moment.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Dasa said:
Has anyone actually confirmed that the Flintoff/Fletcher wanted Pietersen to definitely bat at four and he flat out refused?
All I've heard so far are rumours...
The news report last evening claimed that Fletcher wanted Pietersen to bat at 4 for the whole series but KP refused. Eventually he decided that he "would like to bat at four because he doesn't want to get stuck with the current tail". I can't remember whose mouth the words came out of though, whether it was the reporter, Fletcher or Buchanan.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Great Birtannia said:
There are a few deadbeats floating around at the moment but Sideshowtim is a reasonable poster
Albeit one who only seems to appear when things are going well, has a few digs and then leaves again.

For me the decent posters are the ones who are on here all the time, and have been very mature in their approach to the current scoreline.

Stumped

Banned
James90 said:
Buchanan's just being a fag because he's happy that no-one's saying he should be sacked at the moment.
in fact he is retiring after the world cup and the sydney test is his last test

PhoenixFire

International Coach
sideshowtim said:
He didn't hit out with the tail in Perth. He took a single off the first ball of every over to maintain his average.

Look, you can call me an idiot all you want. Pietersen might be averaging 50, but that means nothing if his team is getting hammered. He has to do what is best for the team. Some of you may have forgotten the small fact that cricket is indeed a team game and it's the teams results that matter.

What a ridiclous point. England would still be thrashed whatever KP did, be quite fool.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
I remember reading an article in the Times back during last winter when England had just lost the 2nd test in India.

KP had been out sweeping at Harbhajan after playing some dogged defence and when interviewed after the match had stated that he was trying to play for the team and curb his natural attacking instincts.

The article had critisiced this 'team mentality'. "KP is a player of individual skill and should be allowed to play as he sees fit. Forcing him to play in a certain style to suit the team is curtailing his potential and hence is counter-productive..." (I paraphrase, but that was certainly the gist of it.)

Ironic now that one of those on KP's back about "not playing for the team" is Christopher Martin Jenkins - who writes for the Times! :-O

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why would I even try? I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else here.
Sounds like a no tbh. You know back in school when you asked someone if they'd gone all the way yet, and they said something like 'why should i tell you?' you just knew they hadn't.