Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buchanan: "KP not a team player"

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    He's better than Clarke, better than Martyn (retired), better than Gilchrist (but he can't keep obviously), better than Langer (but he can't open), on a par with Hussey, and not as good as Ponting or Hayden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    He's better than Clarke, better than Martyn (retired), better than Gilchrist (but he can't keep obviously), better than Langer (but he can't open), on a par with Hussey, and not as good as Ponting or Hayden.
    He's better than GIlly? On current form, yes...not over all. Equal to Hussey? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Curveball Champion!
    He's a much better player than Gilchrist imo. On second thoughts Hussey probably is better than him, but my guess is that he will be better when he is 31 (Hussey's age).

He's a much better player than Gilchrist imo. On second thoughts Hussey probably is better than him, but my guess is that he will be better when he is 31 (Hussey's age).
    There is no chance, that at this point if you take Gilly at his best (not current form) vs. Pieterson right now, that Pieterson is a better player.

No chance. Let alone "much" better.

Pieterson just got owned a couple months ago by Asif, or did you forget that? Gilly dominated everyone for five years before he went out of form the last couple years.

Curveball Champion!
    Gilchrist > Pietersen when he's on form. But it is a rare occurence.

Pietersen hardly got owned by Asif, according to the Stats Spider, he never got bowled by Asif in tests, 3 times in International Limited Over matches (one 20Twenty), a format which you yourself often say how worthless the wickets mean, so let's forget that.

Asif only played one test out of three. And everytime Asif played Pieterson, anyone watching could see Pieterson had no clue against him.

Gilchrist > Pietersen when he's on form. But it is a rare occurence.
    What do you mean rare occurrence? The man had uninterrupted good form for almost five years! Longer than Pieterson has been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim

That my friends, is not a team player.
    If he's not a team player, why does he always hit out when he's stuck with the tail? If he was not a team player he'd be looking to protect his wicket and his average, and not take undue risks like he has been this Series (and like he did in 2005 e.g Lords).

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    If he's not a team player, why does he always hit out when he's stuck with the tail? If he was not a team player he'd be looking to protect his wicket and his average, and not take undue risks like he has been this Series (and like he did in 2005 e.g Lords).
    He didn't hit out with the tail in Perth. He took a single off the first ball of every over to maintain his average.

Look, you can call me an idiot all you want. Pietersen might be averaging 50, but that means nothing if his team is getting hammered. He has to do what is best for the team. Some of you may have forgotten the small fact that cricket is indeed a team game and it's the teams results that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Thrashed by more he said, not behind in the series more. Are you thick?!

One of the worst posters I've ever come across on these forums, you must be an absolute deadbeat.
    The Englishman on here sure are wound up tight. There are a few deadbeats floating around at the moment but Sideshowtim is a reasonable poster and hasn't said anything completely unreasonable in this thread, you are just laying into him over semantics.

My point exactly. It's like interviewing a toilet cleaner, on the subject of Spave Travel.
    Buchanan was asked about it at a press conference yesterday, do you have any idea how they work? I bet it was an English journalist who asked him for his 2 cents on the issue. You only have to read the BBC site on a regular basis to see how much you poms lap up comments from the Australian past and present players and officials on the topical issues of English cricket. Warne and McGrath have had the media eating out of their hands for years and whenever an English player shows a bit of fight they (the media) rush out for Australian acceptance (see Gilchrist's fellating of Collingwood after his innings in Adelaide).

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    He didn't hit out with the tail in Perth. He took a single off the first ball of every over to maintain his average.

Look, you can call me an idiot all you want. Pietersen might be averaging 50, but that means nothing if his team is getting hammered. He has to do what is best for the team. Some of you may have forgotten the small fact that cricket is indeed a team game and it's the teams results that matter.
    And like Pietersen hitting Australia's golden boy Shane Warne into the stands on a few occasions then in Perth? In fact that is how I remember him getting out in the first innings with Pietersen going the tonk (well trying to).
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Buchanan's just being a fag because he's happy that no-one's saying he should be sacked at the moment.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    Has anyone actually confirmed that the Flintoff/Fletcher wanted Pietersen to definitely bat at four and he flat out refused?
    All I've heard so far are rumours...
    The news report last evening claimed that Fletcher wanted Pietersen to bat at 4 for the whole series but KP refused. Eventually he decided that he "would like to bat at four because he doesn't want to get stuck with the current tail". I can't remember whose mouth the words came out of though, whether it was the reporter, Fletcher or Buchanan.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    There are a few deadbeats floating around at the moment but Sideshowtim is a reasonable poster
    Albeit one who only seems to appear when things are going well, has a few digs and then leaves again.

For me the decent posters are the ones who are on here all the time, and have been very mature in their approach to the current scoreline.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by James90
    Buchanan's just being a fag because he's happy that no-one's saying he should be sacked at the moment.
    in fact he is retiring after the world cup and the sydney test is his last test

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information