• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Buchanan: "KP not a team player"

Legga

Banned
He is not a team player for England.

First off, he is Seth African.
Secondly,he make alot of runs.:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
sideshowtim said:
Hard to be down by more than 4-0 with 4 matches played so far mate. That's a thrashing if ever I've seen one.

The point is that KP, even though Dunc and the rest of the team wanted him to bat 4 for the whole series, refused and said he felt more comfortable at 5. Since when the hell does he make those decisions? Fred should tell him "You bat 4 or you're out of the team". They wanted their best player at 4 and KP had a whinge and refused. So he finally bats 4, 8 innings too late. He put his own wants over the wants of the team.

That my friends, is not a team player.
Thrashed by more he said, not behind in the series more. Are you thick?!

One of the worst posters I've ever come across on these forums, you must be an absolute deadbeat.

Legga said:
He is not a team player for England.

First off, he is Seth African.
Secondly,he make alot of runs.
That's dead funny as well. Why is this board crawling with absolute planks today?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GeraintIsMyHero said:

One of the worst posters I've ever come across on these forums, you must be an absolute deadbeat.

That's dead funny as well. Why is this board crawling with absolute planks today?
Spot on. It's because it's the school holidays, so all the kids are on CW.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Lol, why does anyone give a toss about

a) Pietersen being a team man or not (He averages mid forties ffs.)
b) Buchanan
c) What either of them thinks or does?

And why is Pietersen any of Buchanan's business? What a load of tools

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Langeveldt said:

b) Buchanan

My point exactly. It's like interviewing a toilet cleaner, on the subject of Spave Travel.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Langeveldt said:

b) Buchanan

Averages 50 actually :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
PhoenixFire said:
Of all the English batsmen, I'd say that only Pietersen at the moment has a realistic chance of getting into the Australian line up
Don't you mean "would have a realistic chance of getting into the Australian line up, were he Australian"? ;)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
steds said:
Don't you mean "would have a realistic chance of getting into the Australian line up, were he Australian"? ;)
Thats an interesting concept really - who would he replace? Clarke, I would say. No one else. Which is surprising, as Pieterson is a very good player. Certainly not Ponting, Gilchrist and Hussey...and not opening either.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He's better than Clarke, better than Martyn (retired), better than Gilchrist (but he can't keep obviously), better than Langer (but he can't open), on a par with Hussey, and not as good as Ponting or Hayden.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
He's better than Clarke, better than Martyn (retired), better than Gilchrist (but he can't keep obviously), better than Langer (but he can't open), on a par with Hussey, and not as good as Ponting or Hayden.
He's better than GIlly? On current form, yes...not over all. Equal to Hussey? No.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He's a much better player than Gilchrist imo. On second thoughts Hussey probably is better than him, but my guess is that he will be better when he is 31 (Hussey's age).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
He's a much better player than Gilchrist imo. On second thoughts Hussey probably is better than him, but my guess is that he will be better when he is 31 (Hussey's age).
There is no chance, that at this point if you take Gilly at his best (not current form) vs. Pieterson right now, that Pieterson is a better player.

No chance. Let alone "much" better.

Pieterson just got owned a couple months ago by Asif, or did you forget that? Gilly dominated everyone for five years before he went out of form the last couple years.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Gilchrist > Pietersen when he's on form. But it is a rare occurence.

Pietersen hardly got owned by Asif, according to the Stats Spider, he never got bowled by Asif in tests, 3 times in International Limited Over matches (one 20Twenty), a format which you yourself often say how worthless the wickets mean, so let's forget that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Asif only played one test out of three. And everytime Asif played Pieterson, anyone watching could see Pieterson had no clue against him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
Gilchrist > Pietersen when he's on form. But it is a rare occurence.
What do you mean rare occurrence? The man had uninterrupted good form for almost five years! Longer than Pieterson has been playing.

howardj

International Coach
sideshowtim said:
That my friends, is not a team player.
If he's not a team player, why does he always hit out when he's stuck with the tail? If he was not a team player he'd be looking to protect his wicket and his average, and not take undue risks like he has been this Series (and like he did in 2005 e.g Lords).

sideshowtim

Banned
howardj said:
If he's not a team player, why does he always hit out when he's stuck with the tail? If he was not a team player he'd be looking to protect his wicket and his average, and not take undue risks like he has been this Series (and like he did in 2005 e.g Lords).
He didn't hit out with the tail in Perth. He took a single off the first ball of every over to maintain his average.

Look, you can call me an idiot all you want. Pietersen might be averaging 50, but that means nothing if his team is getting hammered. He has to do what is best for the team. Some of you may have forgotten the small fact that cricket is indeed a team game and it's the teams results that matter.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:

The Englishman on here sure are wound up tight. There are a few deadbeats floating around at the moment but Sideshowtim is a reasonable poster and hasn't said anything completely unreasonable in this thread, you are just laying into him over semantics.

PhoenixFire said:
My point exactly. It's like interviewing a toilet cleaner, on the subject of Spave Travel.
Buchanan was asked about it at a press conference yesterday, do you have any idea how they work? I bet it was an English journalist who asked him for his 2 cents on the issue. You only have to read the BBC site on a regular basis to see how much you poms lap up comments from the Australian past and present players and officials on the topical issues of English cricket. Warne and McGrath have had the media eating out of their hands for years and whenever an English player shows a bit of fight they (the media) rush out for Australian acceptance (see Gilchrist's fellating of Collingwood after his innings in Adelaide).