• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Five-Nil, Five-Nil

Josh

International Regular
To the tune of "New York, New York"
(Pitty I didn't think of this yesterday :dry:)

Start spreading the news
Can't last for 3 days
Can't handle any part of it
Four-Nil, Four-Nil
So take your
Useless* team
And make sure that
You aren't seen
It's time to lose
Five-Nil, Five-Nil

*-Useless and ****house may be used interchangably

Last edited by a moderator:

pasag

RTDAS
I think the poms were much more gracious in victory then we have been tbh.

There were a few that rubbed it in, in 05, but not to this extent.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
pasag said:

We had to wait 19 years and weren't too bad. 18months for some must feel like a lifetime. 8-)

Josh

International Regular
pasag said:

There have been claims thrown that us Aussie's can't come up with any original songs like the Barmy's, so I'm out to disprove it lol

Stumped

Banned
AHAHAHAHA!!:laugh: i hope we do win 5-0, i can just imagine enlgand house holds after last ashes and the confidence and the way they would bag the aussies, a 5-0 would shut them up

Langeveldt

Soutie
To be fair I don't think the English cricket team deserve being gracefully beaten.. I want to listen to the test match all night and am disgusted that I can't, because they are all out AGAIN

Craig

World Traveller
Stumped said:
i feel that way too, im being deprived of my cricket watching, 3 days out of a 5 day match
And look at a Cricket Australia perspective, they had to payout over $2m in refunds.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
pasag said:

TBF, I wasn't here in 05 :p

In all seriousness, bulk of you, the decent posters, have been very graceful, and some of your players have as well. Warne still seems as pains to make it clear that we deserved the victory in 05, rather than spouting off about the Ashes being back where they belong etc.

My point? Je ne sais pas

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
2005 Still kills you though, doesnt it?

It may be 5-0, but enjhoy it while it last, who knows, in 2009, when you cannot start crying to Warney, or turn to Mccgrath, you iwll be in so much trouble. :laugh:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:

We sure were :ph34r:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Aussies have been more graceful in victory, IMO. While this is obviously a sweeping generalisation, there was a fair bit of rubbing in done by certain English members *looks at above two posts,* and I do remember an email from one member here (not naming names, but he has over 40,000 posts :ph34r:) with a picture of Warnie dropping the Ashes. But I think the fact that it was the first time they'd beaten us in nearly twenty years meant that they had just a little bit of pent up frustration inside, whereas for us, it's merely order restored. (:p)

Josh

International Regular
Tomm NCCC said:
2005 Still kills you though, doesnt it?

It may be 5-0, but enjhoy it while it last, who knows, in 2009, when you cannot start crying to Warney, or turn to Mccgrath, you iwll be in so much trouble. :laugh:
We'll find someone else lol

sideshowtim

Banned
pasag said:

You'll have to introduce me to your Pommy mates then, because Poms rubbed it in horribly after 05. I am going to give it back 5 times as bad. They are a disgrace.