Cricket Player Manager
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 105 of 105

Thread: Five-Nil, Five-Nil

  1. #91
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Scmods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Ricky Ponting doesn't have a good record in India, doesn't mean Australia leave him out when they go there. No reason why a class act like Tresco couldn't improve that.
    Rickys played 4 tests there, 3 was when Harbhjan was just absolutely destroying everybody, combined with a run of bad form from Ricky. And the 4th was coming back from a broken thumb in a dead rubber.
    Ashes to Ashes
    Dust to Dust
    If Pidge doesn't get you
    Warney must

  2. #92
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Scmods View Post
    Rickys played 4 tests there, 3 was when Harbhjan was just absolutely destroying everybody, combined with a run of bad form from Ricky. And the 4th was coming back from a broken thumb in a dead rubber.
    14 innings in 4 Tests - that's impressive...

    172 runs in said 14 innings, that's less so.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  3. #93
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Ricky Ponting doesn't have a good record in India, doesn't mean Australia leave him out when they go there. No reason why a class act like Tresco couldn't improve that.
    He could have but in his current state and performances in the summer I highly doubt he would have performed better than a Collingwood or Cook. Say what you will about the former, I will his not particularly good but his a fighter whilst old Tesco when the going gets tough, he gets going and sharpish (countdown for people to bring up road tons against South Africa at the Oval 3, 2, 1...).

  4. #94
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    He could have but in his current state and performances in the summer I highly doubt he would have performed better than a Collingwood or Cook. Say what you will about the former, I will his not particularly good but his a fighter whilst old Tesco when the going gets tough, he gets going and sharpish (countdown for people to bring up road tons against South Africa at the Oval 3, 2, 1...).
    I think you're doing Tresco a gigantic disservice there. You're effectively calling him a flat-track bully, which is a pretty damning indictment.


  5. #95
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Scmods View Post
    Rickys played 4 tests there, 3 was when Harbhjan was just absolutely destroying everybody, combined with a run of bad form from Ricky. And the 4th was coming back from a broken thumb in a dead rubber.
    Say what now? 4 tests?

    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1346
    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1416
    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1420
    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1425
    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1547
    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1554
    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1738
    http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Stati...MatchCode=1551

    That looks like 8 tests to me, 14 innings.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  6. #96
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,684
    nvm

  7. #97
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Eh?
    Hmmm...
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  8. #98
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    14 innings in 4 Tests - that's impressive...

    172 runs in said 14 innings, that's less so.
    You can't accuse him of not trying to play himself back into form!

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I think you're doing Tresco a gigantic disservice there. You're effectively calling him a flat-track bully, which is a pretty damning indictment.
    That's actually about as good a compliment you could get for someone like him.

  10. #100
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,900
    Thanks for that Shane.

  11. #101
    International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    All over the shop
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Thanks for that Shane.
    You've gotta admire his perseverance, eh?

  12. #102
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    This team wasn't the best to go down there in 20 years. It was the best team to go down there in 20 years minus a third of its players. There's a difference.
    To suggest that England's team in 1986\87 was better than some teams sent in the 1990s would be pretty crazy - the team of 1986\87 was dubbed "the worst England team ever to tour" and it's results 1986-1989 bear this out.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  13. #103
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I think you're doing Tresco a gigantic disservice there. You're effectively calling him a flat-track bully, which is a pretty damning indictment.
    A butter-fingered-fielding-side bully would be more accurate.

  14. #104
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Scmods View Post
    Tresco? He's a hack these days. Can you honestly tell me it was better for English Cricket for Tresco to be in those 5 Test Matches for Cook?
    Yes.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  15. #105
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqqy Mush View Post
    That's actually about as good a compliment you could get for someone like him.
    go play on the motorway

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •