• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughn 'Lingerer of the Year'

burr

State Vice-Captain
Courtesy Cricket 365:

Lingerer of the Year
There's only been one - Michael Vaughan has been slinking around Oz all series giving his two-pence and saying that yes, he would be returning very soon, only for Dunc Fletcher to deny the rumours. Perhaps the best press conference he has had was last week when he said that no, his presence Down Under was not disturbing to the side. He then went on to say that Freddie's captaincy was not to blame for England's woes but that he would jump at the chance to reclaim the responsibility.

http://www.cricket365.com/story/0,18305,6673_1801830,00.html

Ha! So true. What does this man think he's doing? It's so disruptive, disrespectful, etc. If I was Flintoff, in fact, if I was an English supporter full stop, I'd be seriously peeved at the way Vaughn has hung around like some sort of bad smell.

And this theory that he's going to return to be the saviour of England, especially in the one-dayers, where he has never been anything but completely under-whelming, it just ‘aint going to happen. His time as a top class batsman has passed. I think it's a worry and very old England that they appear to be picking a man on captaincy alone. He should have to prove he's fit and firing first.

ripper868

International Coach
just what is it that vaughn is doing on this tour? looking for a house to retire on the beach somewhere?

McKanga

School Boy/Girl Captain
The dates seem slightly out, and the first names are different.
However the inscription has got it nailed.