• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prince EWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight

Banned
Will you get a hold of this guy? He won't quit being so stubborn. Now we all know he's been a Symonds hater for a long time. He's said things (and I quote) like "He is the worst test cricketer in the history of test cricket" and "He has no batting technique what so ever".

What I found so interesting is that he describes Symonds's innings today (his 152 not out) as trashy, and still described him as the worst test cricketer of all time.

What are all your opinions on PrinceEWS and his Symond's bashing, and more importantly, what are all your opinions on Symonds himself after his efforts today?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh my, I have my own thread on a forum which you barely ever even visit. Great stuff.

Let this be a warning to other members about the dangers of trying to talk about cricket on predominantly non-cricket forums.

Anyway Midnight, unlike at Sidhe where anyone who could deposit the ball into the stands occasionally is crowned as a god by amateur cricket fans, I'm not actually known for my "Symonds-hating" here because it is not altogether uncommon for members here to not think he is test standard.

So I guess I should try to make this thread somewhat useful and focus on Midnight's last question. IMO, this one innings does not prove Symonds as a test cricketer. I still don't think he will succeed and I do not actually think the innings itself was very impressive. He looked like a walking wicket early on, then was out plumb lbw not given, and then batted beautifully between 10 and 40. Once he hit 40 though, he took it too far and played some risky strokes.

Now regardless of whether Symonds succeeds in test cricket or not, I will never be a fan. Quite simply, I dislike watching him bat. He is all power - no technique and he often lacks match awareness. He could prove me wrong and turn out to be a decent test cricketer but even if he does, I will never be a fan. And despite what you think, this has nothing to do with Watson - but merely the type of player Symonds is.

Oh, and your quotes are wrong. Close to what I have said before, but they are still wrong.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Midnight said:
I'd appreciate it if we stayed on topic. Answer the question(s) or piss off.
Yeah, because starting a topic about a forumer is completely in the spirit of the Ashes section and all.

Midnight

Banned
Anyway Midnight, unlike at Sidhe where anyone who could deposit the ball into the stands occasionally is crowned as a god by amateur cricket fans, I'm not actually known for my "Symonds-hating" here because it is not altogether uncommon for members here to not think he is test standard.
That is quite un true. You and I both argued about Symonds place in the test side. You argued and argued about Symonds not having the ability to play test cricket. I argued that he can. Today he proved that he has the technique and mind set to play test cricket.

So I guess I should try to make this thread somewhat useful and focus on Midnight's last question. IMO, this one innings does not prove Symonds as a test cricketer. I still don't think he will succeed and I do not actually think the innings itself was very impressive. He looked like a walking wicket early on, then was out plumb lbw not given, and then batted beautifully between 10 and 40. Once he hit 40 though, he took it too far and played some risky strokes.
It's quite hilarious that even though Symonds has made a brilliant innings in the Test arena, you still persist that Watson is the better player, even though he's done nothing on the Test or ODI arena.
Now regardless of whether Symonds succeeds in test cricket or not, I will never be a fan. Quite simply, I dislike watching him bat. He is all power - no technique and he often lacks match awareness. He could prove me wrong and turn out to be a decent test cricketer but even if he does, I will never be a fan. And despite what you think, this has nothing to do with Watson - but merely the type of player Symonds is.
No technique. What a load of bull****. Go and tell that to the Australian selectors. You'd be shot for making such a bull**** accusation.

Midnight

Banned
Prince EWS said:
Yeah, because starting a topic about a forumer is completely in the spirit of the Ashes section and all.
It's about two things. Peoples opinions on you and your Symonds bashing and peoples opinions on Symonds's innings today in the fourth Ashes test at the MCG.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Midnight said:
Today he proved that he has the technique and mind set to play test cricket.
Not really. He proved he is capable of scoring a test hundred. Big whoop. Agit Agarkar has one. Test cricket is about consistency - and consistency comes as a result of having an effective technique and high levels of mental toughness.\

Midnight said:
It's quite hilarious that even though Symonds has made a brilliant innings in the Test arena, you still persist that Watson is the better player, even though he's done nothing on the Test or ODI arena.
I think you'll find that many here would have Watson in front of Symonds as far as tests go. If you really want to find out, create a thread in Cricket Chat that isn't just slagging off another forumer - people might take it seriously.

pasag said:
Can't see you lasting long tbh.
I concur.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Midnight said:
It's about two things. Peoples opinions on you and your Symonds bashing and peoples opinions on Symonds's innings today in the fourth Ashes test at the MCG.
People won't have opinions on my so-called Symonds bashing because it actually hasn't become an issue here. Unsurprisingly, he isn't highly rated as a test cricketer on this forum.

Midnight

Banned
Not really. He proved he is capable of scoring a test hundred. Big whoop. Agit Agarkar has one. Test cricket is about consistency - and consistency comes as a result of having an effective technique and high levels of mental toughness.
And Symonds showed today that he has an effective technique and has mental toughness. At the start of his innings he toughed it out, and showed mental toughness.
I think you'll find that many here would have Watson in front of Symonds as far as tests go. If you really want to find out, create a thread in Cricket Chat that isn't just slagging off another forumer - people might take it seriously
Well I might let you do the honours then.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Midnight said:
And Symonds showed today that he has an effective technique and has mental toughness. At the start of his innings he toughed it out, and showed mental toughness.
He showed today that he had the ability to do it. To do it consistently is a totally different story though. Agit Agarkar has a test century.

Midnight

Banned
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I reported the post, no need to speak to an established poster like that, or any poster tbh.
I reported you, for generally being an idiot. *Points at your location* :dry:

Midnight

Banned
Prince EWS said:
He showed today that he had the ability to do it. To do it consistently is a totally different story though. Agit Agarkar has a test century.
Well given that his great innings today has released a bit of pressure off his shoulders and has bought some time in the Australian side, I think he can be consistent. Not only with the bat but with the ball.

Midnight

Banned
GeraintIsMyHero said:
No need to report me for being an idiot, it's common knowledge mate
Geraint Jones is your hero. It explains a hell of alot. So I'm not going to flame you for being so optimistic.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Midnight said:
Geraint Jones is your hero. It explains a hell of alot. So I'm not going to flame you for being so optimistic.
Have you not read his signature Midnight?

GeraintIsMyHero said:
Geraint Vincent, world's best newsreader, and my hero (not that Papua New Guinean guy!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.