• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warnes 700th wicket - Who?

Who will be Shane Warne's 700th Test victim?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
PhoenixFire said:
Why was there no fuss about Warne reaching his 600th test wickets, but all this over his 700th?
I was at the ground for it, certainly remember there being a fuss for it (1st day at OT - Trescos wicket)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The question of who is Warne's 700th wicket could yet be open to change. That genius body of men at the ICC could yet at some stage in the future remove the Super Test from the official records. In my opinion they shouldn't have been included and it's happened before when Alan Jones played against the Rest of the World for England but later had his status as a Test Cricketer removed and it's even said he was forced to return his cap.

ripper868

International Coach
done oz fan. and whoever it was who said KP to be caught at deep long orf, good call. not 700 but good call

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Lillian Thomson said:
The question of who is Warne's 700th wicket could yet be open to change. That genius body of men at the ICC could yet at some stage in the future remove the Super Test from the official records. In my opinion they shouldn't have been included and it's happened before when Alan Jones played against the Rest of the World for England but later had his status as a Test Cricketer removed and it's even said he was forced to return his cap.
For this reason I hope Shane gets a minimum of 7 wickets at SCG. Because if in the future they annulled those Australia v World XI wickets (As Bill Frindall has suggested) Shane may find after he has retired that he did not get 1000 wickets in International Cricket after all. If he gets 7 more wickets at SCG he would have covered all possibilities.