• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Combined Ashes XI

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was thinking just before, seeing as how we are just over halfway through the 2006 Ashes it would be interesting to pick our combined XI's.

1. Justin Langer
2. Alistair Cook
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Michael Hussey
6. Michael Clarke
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Shane Warne
9. Matthew Hoggard
10. Stuart Clark
11. Glenn McGrath

I struggled a little in the bowling department, I didn't think it would be appropriate to put in Monty Panesar after only one good performance. Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood unlucky to miss out but other than that I think it's pretty fair.

oz_fan

International Regular
Perm said:
1. Justin Langer
2. Alistair Cook
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Michael Hussey
6. Michael Clarke
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Shane Warne
9. Matthew Hoggard
10. Stuart Clark
11. Glenn McGrath
Yeah that would be my combined team as well.

cameeel

International Captain
1. Langer
2. Hussey
3. Ponting
4. Bell
5. Pietersen
6. Clarke
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Hoggard
10. Clark
11. McGrath

12. Cook

8 Aussies, 3 Poms

Perm

I didn't want to move Hussey up to open because he hasn't done it in the Ashes, it's fine by me if you want to do that but I wouldn't want to move him out of position.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Amazing really. I doubt too many people would've not included Fred in their combined XI before the series began, but he's quite rightly been omitted from everyone's.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
1) Langer
2) Cook
3) Ponting
4) Hussey
5) Pietersen
6) Collingwood
7) Gilchrist
8) Warne
9) Hoggard
10) Clark
11) McGrath

Tough call between Collingwood and Clarke, hard to choose, the rest are pretty easy really.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
1. Langer
2. Strauss
3. Ponting
4. Pieterson
5. Hussey
6. Clarke
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Clark
10. Hoggard
11. McGrath
12. Symonds

Perm

howardj said:
What's the point of this thread, in the middle of the series?
I thought it would be interesting to see how people's team's change over the course of the series, to be fair I should've started it before the 1st test.