• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MY View on this

chris.hinton

International Captain
Its been a complete Shambles, England have been simply badly led in ever department. Australia have not played that well to get the Ashes back, Duncan Fletcher has simply lost the plot the man is simply turning himself into a bit of a joke and the ECB should do the decent thing and SACK HIM picking Giles over Panesar was shocking. Flintoff has showed that like Botham he is out of his depth as a Skipper he simply cannot lead the troops and a lot of the time his fielding postions has been woeful.

Here a Small Blueprint of what should happen:-

1) Sack Duncan Fletcher
2) Appoint Strauss as Skipper until Vaughan is fit
3) Giles, Mahmood, G Jones and Trescothick should never wear an England shirt again
4) Sack Shine and double Cooleys wages to get him back
5) Sack Graveney and Appoint Graham Gooch as Chairman of Selectors
6) Get Bowlers playing more County Cricket
7) Sack Phil Neale as the Tour as been a shambles, should have bee 2 4 days games before the First Test
8) Play Panesar ever game he is class
9) Steve Davies should be Englands Wicketkeeper
10) give Harmy, Anderson one last chance
11) Hold an Academy to find a good quick Bowler
12) Aboilsh the Academy as we cannot beat Second Xi state sides

and dont get me started on the Domestic issues

One last note my Best Wishes goes out to Ashley Giles Wife who i hope gets better soon

These should

Langeveldt

Soutie
chris.hinton said:
1) Sack Duncan Fletcher
3) Giles, Mahmood, G Jones and Trescothick should never wear an England shirt again
7) Sack Phil Neale as the Tour as been a shambles, should have bee 2 4 days games before the First Test

1) Yep
2) Yep
3) Yes, bar Trescothick
4) Racist
5) If Graveny has anything to do with Giles over Panesar
6) Definitely
7) Not sure its his fault entirely
8) Yeah he's good
9) Who?
10) Maybe
11) Don't need to
12) That wouldn't be productive

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
chris.hinton said:
1) Sack Duncan Fletcher
  1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
  4. Maybe, the problem was they had no match practice. How they went into an Ashes series without proper FC games warmups is beyond me
  5. Only if he wants Jones and Giles over Read an Panesar
  6. Yes
  7. How much of that was his fault?
  8. Yes
  9. Who?
  10. Harmy needs more bowling practice
  11. No, you have some, just need more practice
  12. Nah, overreaction

Chris I think the problem with England is the structure at domestic level can you explain to me what your thoughts are on it as im not really in a position of power as I dont live in England.

One thing to start off is the size the two divisions is much too big and is weakening the competeition if you had 8 teams say the comp would be much stronger.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AussieDominance said:
One thing to start off is the size the two divisions is much too big and is weakening the competeition if you had 8 teams say the comp would be much stronger.
I think with Kolpak and 2 quality overseas players in a team, the number of domestic teams is about right for young English players to come through and there is no way the counties would let themselves get demoted anyway.

howardj

International Coach
AussieDominance said:
Chris I think the problem with England is the structure at domestic level

Bah. This is re-hashed every time England lose an Ashes Series. It didn't stop them being a damn good side in the last two and a half years. Things are not that bad for England - they will start favourite in 2009. They just weren't allowed into this Series, and some selection blunders didn't help their cause. But there's no need for a huge post-mortem, and a massive overhaul of the structure of English cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
howardj said:
Bah. This is re-hashed every time England lose an Ashes Series. It didn't stop them being a damn good side in the last two and a half years. Things are not that bad for England - they will start favourite in 2009. They just weren't allowed into this Series, and some selection blunders didn't help their cause. But there's no need for a huge post-mortem, and a massive overhaul of the structure of English cricket.
Favorites for 2009? Are you serious?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Time to give that young all rounder at Warwickshire a go, Streak i think his name is.

Seriously though, has he qualified?

howardj

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Favorites for 2009? Are you serious?
Well they beat Australia in England last year - with Gilly, Hayden, Langer and McGrath in the team. Without all those players in 2009, and with question marks over Shane Warne's participation (or at least his fitness by then) I do think England will start favourites.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AussieDominance said:
Chris I think the problem with England is the structure at domestic level can you explain to me what your thoughts are on it as im not really in a position of power as I dont live in England.

Yet this same domestic structure has been in place for a few years now (and has incidentally coincided with one of the best periods England have ever had...)

It has but it is my feeling England could have an even better breeding ground if they made it 8 teams as the competition would be much stronger and full of most of the players who actually have a chance of playing for England.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hinton - back like flares. Like most Hinton posts, can split his post into the obvious:
1) Sack Duncan Fletcher
the debatable:
And the absurd:
Was only lacking some random Inzyishness.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chris.hinton said:
Its been a complete Shambles, England have been simply badly led in ever department. Australia have not played that well to get the Ashes back, Duncan Fletcher has simply lost the plot the man is simply turning himself into a bit of a joke and the ECB should do the decent thing and SACK HIM picking Giles over Panesar was shocking. Flintoff has showed that like Botham he is out of his depth as a Skipper he simply cannot lead the troops and a lot of the time his fielding postions has been woeful.

Here a Small Blueprint of what should happen:-

1) Sack Duncan Fletcher
1. A good coach can have a bad series, wait until the end of the World Cup at least

2. Fair enough

3. Jones definately, the rest still can offer England something in the future, if all the bowlers are fit Mahmood could go back to OT and bowl more in CC to develop himself.

4. haha, yea that would be good

5. Over-reaction

6. Well they do, the domestic structure has been pretty good of late, blokes like Broad, Mahmood, Panesar have impressed & emerged from it.

7. Probably should have been 2 4 day games, but with the amount of cricket players play these days, the players themselves probably felt that they had enough preparation.

8. No doubt

9. Not sure if he's ready as yet, but if Read can't do the job between now & the WC & they don't go for Pothas maybe Davies should be given a go as early as next season vs WI & IND.

10. Nah, they still can offer England much in the future

11. Ha, our pace bowling stocks are in good order, no need for that

12. Haha, yo camn down..