• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From an English Fan....

Sportingo

Cricket Spectator
GeraintIsMyHero said:
username says it all for me
I understand you, and I am not trying to hide my identity here. I am a representative of the sportingo site, and when I came upon this thread I figured you all would enjoy one of our articles. I'm not here to spam your site or water down the discussion in any way. I'm here to contribute.

And by the way, I'm originally from the states and I've been so fed up with baseball recently that I'm starting to get into cricket. How are cricket players paid? Is it similar to baseball players who make upwards of $15 million a year?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Sportingo said:
I understand you, and I am not trying to hide my identity here. I am a representative of the sportingo site, and when I came upon this thread I figured you all would enjoy one of our articles. I'm not here to spam your site or water down the discussion in any way. I'm here to contribute.

And by the way, I'm originally from the states and I've been so fed up with baseball recently that I'm starting to get into cricket. How are cricket players paid? Is it similar to baseball players who make upwards of $15 million a year?
Nah, nowhere near. The likes of Andrew Flintoff or Michael Vaughan earn around £100,000 a year, but will collect a fair bit more on top of that in endorsement deals. Still doesn't compare though.

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
At the end of the day the english were just out played well done Pietersen for being one of our only consistant players through out the Ashes for the past two years

Langeveldt

Soutie
Choc said:
At the end of the day the english were just out played well done Pietersen for being one of our only consistant players through out the Ashes for the past two years
England fan, or head in the sand? :laugh:

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well we were out played just thank goodness for Kevin being the only person in consistant form over the past two Ashes cups8-)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
White's batting is completely gun though. He should be at number seven in your ODI side already, his hitting is unbelievable. Definitely an option as a batting all-rounder, surely?

Our XI for 2009 is difficult to pick - it's most likely gonna look something like this:

Strauss (c)
Cook
Bell
Shah
Pietersen
Joyce
Flintoff
Davies (wk)
Harmison/Mahmood
Hoggard
Panesar
Collingwood's 35 when the next Ashes rolls around. And makes himself a hard man to drop (even with his more than occasional shortcomings)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Samuel_Vimes said:
Collingwood's 35 when the next Ashes rolls around. And makes himself a hard man to drop (even with his more than occasional shortcomings)
No doubt he`ll be doing insane wheelchair stunts in the field. ;)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Samuel_Vimes said:
Er. Yep. Got my arithmetic wrong.

Well, 33, then. Still supports the argument that he'll still be around. :p
Not if you think Owais Shah will be the better player in three years' time regardless. ;)

And besides, once his agility in the field and speed between the wickets starts to fade he'll be a lot less useful.