• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Flintoff - post Ashes

WIll Flintoff be a different player post Ashes?

• Total voters

ripper868

International Coach
eh...who is dalrymple?
i just subbed him into my ashes team to make way for another change needed in the batting order.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last year was undoubtedly the peak of Flintoff's career and he will struggle to reproduce that form, he is definately being over worked and with a dodgy ankle is really struggling under all the pressure and expectations that people place on him. He is not good enough to bat at #6 and I think we all know that he is far better suited to be an attacking weapon lower down the order and he would be a good #7.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I think that without the pressure of the captaincy his batting and bowling will return to the heights they have been.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
AussieDominance said:
Everyone is forgetting Simon Jones.
Which raises an interesting point. Having stated elsewhere that I favour Fred at 7 as part of a four man attack, it does take a bit of faith to pick Simon Jones in said lineup, given his history of breaking down. If fit, Jones must play, but I don't fancy the times when we're left with three bowlers because his knee's gone again.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
It's a risk that I'd be willing to take. Jones was invaluable to the England win in 2005, and should be brought back in as soon as he is ready, a quality performer.

Gottaluvcricket

Cricket Spectator
PhoenixFire said:
It's a risk that I'd be willing to take. Jones was invaluable to the England win in 2005, and should be brought back in as soon as he is ready, a quality performer.

Actually, you don't need Jones, you only need his mints :-O