• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watson re-injures left hamstring

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough break for Watson, but these things happen. Not sure what he can do to combat all these injuries, he looks like a pretty solid bloke.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That`s shocking. Couldn`t have bowled better in his three overs. Bloke must be under suicide watch.

ripper868

International Coach
dunno about suicide watch though it is a blow for him. i'm not certain he would get back into the team this series anyway now, with clarke batting so well and symonds picking up 2/8 with a solid batting performance. gotta remebr he is only young and will have plenty of chances in the next 10 years. watson and clarke will be the 2 stars of the future australian team when they win the world cup in 2015, along with mcgrath and warne :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

All I have to say about this, really. Didn't know until I got home. Heard he had two wickets just before I started playing cricket and I come back to this ****.

Mister Wright

Watson out of Ashes

Watson is likely to be out until mid January which will see him miss the start of the ODI triangular series and could jeapordise his World Cup chances.

If injuries continue it could also mean he has to give up bowling to play at first class level.

Perm

Any chance of him playing in the ODI series purely as a batsman? Or does the injury affect his batting quite severly?

Mister Wright

Perm said:
Any chance of him playing in the ODI series purely as a batsman? Or does the injury affect his batting quite severly?
The only way he could do that, I'd assume would be if he can go into the game with a runner.

Perm

Now that I think of it you aren't allowed to go into a game with a runner, you have to have suffered the injury during the game to be allowed a runner. My bad.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
oh my Watto batted and made 68, well hope againts hope he can make it to for the MCG test.

Mister Wright

aussie said:
oh my Watto batted and made 68, well hope againts hope he can make it to for the MCG test.
He's no chance for the Boxing Day test. Keep in mind he batted with a runner and his newest hamstring injury is supposed to be worse than the one he got last time which kept him out for 3 weeks.

I think our best chance of seeing him again is towards the end of the Commonwealth Bank Series given that QLD doctors have said that he will be out until mid January and he will need probably 2 or 3 weeks of games for QLD to prove his fitness for the Australian selectors.