• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Strauss...luckless

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mister Wright said:
I still reckon Strauss eged Clark in the first innings. The only unlucky decision he has got was in the 2nd innings in Adelaide.
Agreed. :)

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I like Strauss I think his a great player had one or two unlucky decisions in the past but he really just isn't up to his best:dry: It could be worse he could be having a season like Gibbs, which we all know just hasn't been up to international level unfortunately for me:-O :cool:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You can't call the 2nd innings at Perth the "absolutely correct" decision, but you can understand why it was given out.

Gottaluvcricket

Cricket Spectator
Yes, I agree, Strauss has been on the bad side of lady luck. Kinda like Martyn and Katich in 2005. You only won then because of a combination of luck, (in the form of the injury to McGrath), some bad umpiring decisions, and the stupidity of the Australian selectors in leaving out Hussey. You played about as good as you can, we played well below our usual standard, with the result being a close contest. Strauss's luck, or lack of, has made no difference to the final outcome. You were never going to retain the ashes, anyone thinking otherwise should check their medication. :wacko:

3-0, bring on 5-0 hahahahaha

ripper868

International Coach
Gottaluvcricket said:
Yes, I agree, Strauss has been on the bad side of lady luck. Kinda like Martyn and Katich in 2005. You only won then because of a combination of luck, (in the form of the injury to McGrath), some bad umpiring decisions, and the stupidity of the Australian selectors in leaving out Hussey. You played about as good as you can, we played well below our usual standard, with the result being a close contest. Strauss's luck, or lack of, has made no difference to the final outcome. You were never going to retain the ashes, anyone thinking otherwise should check their medication. :wacko:

3-0, bring on 5-0 hahahahaha
I never said that had strauss been given not out england would have won. perhaps in the second at adelaide though they may have held on for the draw. maybe but prob not. purpose of this thread was to point out strauss's lack of luck in 2nd inns adelaid and 1st in perth. not to say england would have won or anything had decisions gone his way.

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
Perm said:
I agree, once the ball past the bat I thought it looked like the rotation on the ball changed so maybe it did get a slight nick on it, even if Hotspot or Snicko didn't show it. Or maybe since Strauss was having a full blooded drive at it the win generated from his swing may have actually pushed the ball away slightly.
If Snicko doesn't show it , then it generally isn't out. Strauss has been a culmination of bad luck for the whole side. Although the LBW live it did look out on the TV (to me anyway , although I think I was more miffed at the fact that Strauss had left such a delievery) , its going a good four five inches over the top. The one Gilchrist took didn't look out in real time. And I haven't seen the full speed replay of the 'bat pad'. What day was it?