• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarke vs PietersEn - the warnie view.

ripper868

International Coach
Shane warne said in his column in the daily telegraph (Sydney newspaper) that michael Clarkes finger spinners will be very dangerous on the waca pitch, which against its normal self isn't going to be a fast bowlers track (little disappointed really). warnie makes the statement that the pitch will be far more sutied to finger spinners then his own wrist spin and says that "Michael Clarke can get Pietersen out, in fact he will get Pieterson out."
Comments? i think its feasible but unlikely, clarke did tie pietersen down a little bit in adelaide but i feel never looked like getting him out (First innings obviously).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke can be quite handy in the right conditions. He bowled exceptionally at Lara in the Champions Trophy when Lara played that terrific innings of 88 in the second round. That said, I don't see him getting Pietersen out. Sure, Pietersen may get out to him, but I don't see him producing anything particularly wicket-worthy against Pietersen.

The comment is clearly just a mind game by Warne. Hopefully Pietersen is mature enough to realize and humble enough not to play into it and try to smash Clarke to oblivion.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Clarke steps across himself heaps, ends up bowling undercutters a lot. So he ends up bowling more like Boof Lehmann rather than Monty. Pretty much the same theory as to why Gilo doesn't get much loop.

ripper868

International Coach
Dravid said:
The e in Pietersen isn't upper case
I know...a couple of times i typed his name with an o and was admonished by somone for it...so i thought i'd make a point of capitialising the e..just to show i've learned th error of my ways