• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Should replace Martyn?

Who?

• Katich

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Cosgrove

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Jaques

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Symonds

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Hodge

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • MacGill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson/Tait

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Watson easily if he is fit. If he's not I think Jaques would probably be the best choice, but it'll probably be Hodge (if fit, again).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson if fit. If not, Chris Rogers, please not Hodge. Yeah he did nothing wrong and even got a double, but look at his off-stump technique vs real pace.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Burgey said:
Watson if fit. If not, Chris Rogers, please not Hodge. Yeah he did nothing wrong and even got a double, but look at his off-stump technique vs real pace.
Probably better than Clarke's.

The dismissal that got him the lemon and sarsparilla was when Nel went around the wicket and bounced him. It'll be interesting to see what happens if England try that again.

pasag

RTDAS
chaminda_00 said:
Watson, Jaques, Hodge, Crosgrove, Katich, Rogers...in that order
Spot on, though would love to see Hodge back in before the Boxing Day test, will be massive.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hodge is out injured at the moment and apparently is unlikely to play against NSW this weekend so im gonna say he wont be picked..

I reckon they will go either Jaques or Cosgrove.....

In saying that "IF" Watson is fit he will walk in..

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
I thought I'd read that Watson definitely won't be fit for the Perth test - is that now in question? Anyway, I'd go for Jaques, particularly if Hodge is also injured.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey whats your thoughts and who will replace Marto in the ODI team. Will Watson drop down to 4 and Hayden, Jaques or Katich open?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You can only hope. That would be ideal, though I can see Hussey being moved up to four.

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Watson
Hussey
Symonds
Clarke
Hogg/Johnson
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

would be my ideal line-up.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If they pick Symonds for the third Test, it will be our best fielding side in a Test Match ever IMO, or close to.