• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats with Pieterson and 158?

ripper868

International Coach
well... he got out on 158 for the third time in adelaide so tony greig informs me (commentator on channel 9 in australia)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Better than going out for 108...

Maybe it could be slightly a mental thing. Once he gets to 100, starts thinking "make sure it's a big one". Then once he reaches 150, a bit more like, "my job is done". Also, the point in the match has a bit to do with it too, not a huge amount more runs were really needed any of those times.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just a bogey number at the moment for him, I'm sure he won't worry about it or anything but I imagine he will go past this score later in his test career.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
cricket_fan23 said:
Proves he's not an elite player.

Can't convert and cash in like world class batsman can & do.
The guy just got 158 and you say he can't convert and cash in?

Dravid

International Captain
Wasn't there a series of matches not too long ago where for 4 or 5 matches the same number of runs were scored if you combine the innings?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is interesting...but the 5th test at the Oval was as good as a win.

PY

International Coach
The third 158 was blatantly because of the previous two 158s IMO, 2 is bad luck so I wouldn't read too much into it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Betting. Allegedly.

EDIT
CW's solicitors have asked me to point out that there is absolutely no serious suggestion in the above that KP threw his wicket at 158 in Adelaide as part of a betting scam, and that it was actually a rather lame attempt at humour. (As was his shot in the 2nd innings.)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricket_fan23 said:
Proves he's not an elite player.

Can't convert and cash in like world class batsman can & do.
Tendulkar took years to reach 200. He didn't do it until his 79th match.
Steve Waugh didn't reach 200 until his 76th Test. He never got there again for another 92.

Scoring 158 is a great achievement. Doing it 3 times in a very young career is even better.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Collingwood double ton was in his 17th Test. That makes him more elite than Tendulkar and Steve Waugh then I guess... oh and lets not forget Wasim Akram and Gillespie.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Collingwood double ton was in his 17th Test. That makes him more elite than Tendulkar and Steve Waugh then I guess... oh and lets not forget Wasim Akram and Gillespie.
Robert Key did it in his ninth test, which makes him better than Collingwood and Jacques Rudolph, Matt Sinclair did it on debut which makes them two the best cricketers of all-time.