• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Botham comment that showed him up as a fool

I think it was during a Hoggard LBW shout on Ponting in the second innings. Given Not out and Hawkeye showed it clipping right at the TOP outside edge of leg.

Botham then of course tried to make the point about how Jimmy Anderson will now be asking why he was given out then, for some reason thinking it was the same.

He failed to mention the fact that the Anderson dismissal was shown to be taking the whole stump out about HALF WAY UP. Thus making it about twice as easy to give, as height wasn't part of the equation.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
aussie tragic said:
Sorry, must have missed your name on the list of cricket Legends that is entitled to slag off one of the Greatest allrounders that ever played the game :ph34r:
He got served.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Botham added in his commentary that the decision was correct, he might have momentarily been confusing the dismissal with that of Harmison when the delivery would have missed another set of stumps.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
UncleTheOne said:
I see 1981 still hurts.
Possibly the worst post in this entire forum.

Botham's a terrible commentator. What difference does it make that he was a great player?

aussie tragic

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Possibly the worst post in this entire forum.

Botham's a terrible commentator. What difference does it make that he was a great player?
I assume you meant my post, so sorry as I should know by now not to drink and post. I should also know that Beefy doesn't walk on water anymore :cry: however he still can't do any wrong IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
I assume you meant my post, so sorry as I should know by now not to drink and post. I should also know that Beefy doesn't walk on water anymore :cry: however he still can't do any wrong IMO.
I think he stopped walking on water about two decades ago when he became fat and rubbish.

aussie tragic

International Captain
PhoenixFire said:
Cough*** 1981 **** Cough
Yeah, that was the series that the best allrounder in cricket was over burdened with the captaincy and failed miserbly in the first two tests.... no wait I'm confused, that was also the last 2 weeks...... :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
Yeah, that was the series that the best allrounder in cricket was over burdened with the captaincy and failed miserbly in the first two tests.... no wait I'm confused, that was also the last 2 weeks...... :)
Wouldn't mind a finish like 81.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
I'm surprised I haven't seen a picture of a bottle of cough medicine in this thread yet.......:ph34r: