• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fletcher's a joke

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Flintoff should go then?

seriously, if the media is happy to rip into Fletcher then they should be willing to do the same to Flintoff if he's the one primarily holding Panesar back.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Tim said:
Flintoff should go then?

seriously, if the media is happy to rip into Fletcher then they should be willing to do the same to Flintoff if he's the one primarily holding Panesar back.
Shows how rubbish this kind of thing can be. Nobody's going to rip into good old, amiable Freddy. The funny thing though is that, in spite of the fact that Panesar should obviously have been given a game by now, I do believe that his possible impact on the Ashes is being a tad hysterically overstated.

The other funny thing is that, though I'm no fan of Fletcher, he's completely right about the Adelaide test. Not picking Panesar, or persevering with Giles and Anderson is really not what cost England that test, and going on how the Aussie bowlers fared in the first innings, I really wonder what people think Monty or Mahmood might have done. You can give the credit to Australia's bowlers or England's batsmen on that last day, but up to that, things were pretty even, and there was not necessarily any need for such hand-wringing.