Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fletcher's a joke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    A graphic of Warne bowling Pietersen I assume?

Breakout Champion!
    Nah. One of the inside of your head.

In Fletcher's defence, he wasn't the person who told the batsmen to be so ultra-defensive yesterday. Apparently, the talk in the dressing room was to get the scoreboard going. It was that defensiveness - a decision made by the batsmen who were out there - that cost England the match. And, unless people are arguing that Panesar is better than Vettori (who averages over 40 against Australia, in Australia) Monty's non-selection has hardly cost England the Series. I know people are frustrated, but you have to maintain some perspective.

You've got to crack on, and go to Perth with the chin up.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer techno t's Avatar

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    In Fletcher's defence, he wasn't the person who told the batsmen to be so ultra-defensive yesterday. Apparently, the talk in the dressing room was to get the scoreboard going. It was that defensiveness - a decision made by the batsmen who were out there - that cost England the match. And, unless people are arguing that Panesar is better than Vettori (who averages over 40 against Australia, in Australia) Monty's non-selection has hardly cost England the Series. I know people are frustrated, but you have to maintain some perspective.

crack on with the chin up Those lads will be really down in the depths now. Setting the record for posting the most in a 1st innings and losing the match, that really is gonna knock em down.

I doubt there will be any of their chins up for along time, and im fearing a bloody whitewash and i bet they will be too

For total off topic chat and randomness, try out this place

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    I'd rather have not won the Ashes at all than lose them in the fashion we are doing.
    Completely not true on all of your parts.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Im sure at the time you'd have taken an Ashes win under those circumstances, and a 5-0 whitewash afterwards if offered it..
    Yeah, probably. A 5-0 whitewash wouldn't have hurt much if I knew it was coming.

U19 Vice-Captain
    . And, unless people are arguing that Panesar is better than Vettori (who averages over 40 against Australia, in Australia) Monty's non-selection has hardly cost England the Series. I know people are frustrated, but you have to maintain some perspective.
    Since when is vettori the benchmark for spinners against australia? Hes always been a mediorce spinner.
    Panesar has shown he can run through sides in tests while Giles cant. His selection was entirely defensive and it could have cost England dearly. We cant prove it did but the fact that Giles failed miserably in every aspect of the sport this test, suggests Fletcher has a lot to answer for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    Since when is vettori the benchmark for spinners against australia? Hes always been a mediorce spinner.
    No he hasn't. And still isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    Panesar has shown he can run through sides in tests while Giles cant. His selection was entirely defensive and it could have cost England dearly. We cant prove it did but the fact that Giles failed miserably in every aspect of the sport this test, suggests Fletcher has a lot to answer for.
    I said he's not as good as Vettori, who himself has a poor record out here. Therefore, it stands to reason that Monty, on the balance of probabilities, would have had a marginal impact in the Series so far. The way some people talk about him on this forum you'd swear he was a Warne clone. Just because people are frustrated with Giles, doesn't mean they should pump Panesar up into something he's not.

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Nah, I'd get an incomprehensible load of garbage followed by a bat to the face

Skull.

International 12th Man

Well Panesar is better than Vettori. Anyway how often has Vettori got an opportunity to bowl against Australia with 551 runs on the board?

Anyway comparing with Vettori is silly. Even averaging 40 with the ball and opposed to, to pick randomly upon the average of another spinner, 90, England would be in a better position in this series.

Fletcher says that Panesar was not picked at Adelaide because the ball didn't spin in the 3 day match at Adelaide. No shet Sherlock! How far did it spin on days four and five of that 3 day match?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Completely not true on all of your parts.
    Okay, okay I retract the comment. Just trying to be dramatic and all.

You don't miss what you've never had though, and we're just giving it away. Or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Well Panesar is better than Vettori. Anyway how often has Vettori got an opportunity to bowl against Australia with 551 runs on the board?

Anyway comparing with Vettori is silly. Even averaging 40 with the ball and opposed to, to pick randomly upon the average of another spinner, 90, England would be in a better position in this series.

Fletcher says that Panesar was not picked at Adelaide because the ball didn't spin in the 3 day match at Adelaide. No shet Sherlock! How far did it spin on days four and five of that 3 day match?
    Panesar is not as good as Vettori.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot
    Panesar is not as good as Vettori.
    Based on anything in particular, or just because he hasn't been playing enough to form a judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Based on anything in particular, or just because he hasn't been playing enough to form a judgement?
    Based on reality. Panesar is ridiculously over-rated. If he had played these first two Tests his average would be up to 35+ by now because he'd have finally played on some spin unfriendly wickets against good players of finger spin.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information