Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isn't the Brisbane Pitch against the rules of the ICC

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    Honestly if Brisbane is considered to be the best wicket in Australia after the rubbish that has been served on there over the last few years its quite a sad scenario really. Australia had 800 odd for 10 wickets on that pitch and England had they batted better in their first inning should probably have had something along similar lines.
    I think in general England, SA and even India, SL and NZ are producing far better test match wickets at the moment. Only the WI and Pak producing anything near the same standard as Australia.

Hey tooextracool, you should have your medication and eyesight checked, again. Any cricket lover with an IQ in double digits would prefer what you get here, then the slow, low and boring dust bowl stuff like you get there. Ahh well, at least you're good for a laugh

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottaluvcricket
    Hey tooextracool, you should have your medication and eyesight checked, again. Any cricket lover with an IQ in double digits would prefer what you get here, then the slow, low and boring dust bowl stuff like you get there. Ahh well, at least you're good for a laugh
    Just because certain teams can't win there doesn't mean its not a good cricket pitch.

As long as its not that infamous Mumbai pitch, or lifeless one where there are only draws, I have no problems it.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 20-12-2006 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Australia just prooved that you can bat and bowl on the brisbane pitch i say it is the best pitch in Australia

only because the english cant win on it doesent mean its a bad pitch

5 results means 5 decent test match pitches. Stupid thread.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Haha, I've never heard so much **** in my life. That just doesn't make sense at all. You could play all 5 matches on a front lawn and you'd get 5 results, but it wouldn't be a good test match pitch would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim View Post
    Haha, I've never heard so much **** in my life. That just doesn't make sense at all. You could play all 5 matches on a front lawn and you'd get 5 results, but it wouldn't be a good test match pitch would it?

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I agree that a result doesn't necessarily mean a good wicket, but I think it's obvious that a wicket like (for instance) Brisbane was merely a good batting wicket, rather than an absolute road that was bad for cricket. If you bowled well and had a balanced attack, there was something there for the bowlers.

The only wicket in the series that was really bad was Adelaide IMO. The rest of the series was okay. A little less assistance for the bowlers than what would be ideal, but there was at least some variation from one test to another. Sydney probably had the best pitch of the series.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information