Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An open letter to Duncan Fletcher

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Scmods's Avatar

An open letter to Duncan Fletcher

Dear Duncan Fletcher,

I hope you are enjoying your last few months in the job, for this is surely your last series as coach of the England cricket team. So far on this tour you have shown nothing but incompetence and downright stupidity; You have shown that you are too stupid to study last years Ashes victory and the keys that led you to it. The main factor was that you ATTACKED. You didn't play this piss weak, pathetic game style you've shown in the first 2 tests. The way you're picking your team, with excuses for test players such as Geraint Jones and Ashley Giles, it's obvious you're playing safe in hope Australia makes a mistake, then your "strengthened" batting line up will be able to take advantage of it. This is Australia playing in Australia, we DON'T make mistakes. And if we do we have the depth to recover from them. You need to take risks and pick match winners like Panesar and Read if you want to retain the Ashes. Think, on a spinners pitch, bowling last, would you prefer Panesar or Harmison spearing the ball sharply down to fine leg? What would win you the match?

For crying out loud Duncan, get your ****ing act together, show some god damn intelligence, some guts and some ****ing back bone so we get the series we could have, not some pitiful excuse for the English line up we're seeing presently.
    Ashes to Ashes
    Dust to Dust
    If Pidge doesn't get you
    Warney must

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I agree with parts, but your timing is kinda odd
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Scmods's Avatar
    It took nearly 2 full days, on a batters DREAM pitch to score 551 against a bowling lineup that was bowling pretty badly. So they have to bowl out a strong Australian line up in 3 days on a flat pitch. This is where Fletchers stupidity will cost England.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    It was a slow outfield. Our run rate was around 3, which is hardly disgraceful

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scmods
    ou need to take risks and pick match winners like Panesar and Read
    Match winners like an overrated wicketkeeper who doesn't dive to his right and who's batting is non-existant?

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Plus the bowling was certainly not bad, especially in the first two sessions. In fact it was very good, given the pitch.

And referring to Read as a "match winner" is just stupid. Even if you think he's the best glovesman in the world, which is a pretty huge stretch, he's not going to win you matches with the bat or by taking catches.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Match winners like an overrated wicketkeeper who doesn't dive to his right and who's batting is non-existant?
    +GO Jones c Martyn b Warne 1

Just thought I'd slip that in there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    You blocked every ball for the first two sessions of the match.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BingLeeElectric
    Funny how we managed 144 runs with nothing but blocks. Do Australia really suck at fielding that much?

Quote Originally Posted by BingLeeElectric
    Are you "AussieShaneWarnie" from the late (and not very lamented) BBC TMS cricket forum perchance?

Back on topic, Jones vs Read is a close thing but I really do struggle to understand the selection of the King of Spain over Monty.

However, I'd say there was a little bit of 'loyalty over hard-nosed pragmatism' in the selection choices of both camps....

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    He's certainly Shane Warne from here in the last series.

And I thought duplicate accounts weren't allowed...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer techno t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_

sooooooooooo much evidence, when will the penny drop

For total off topic chat and randomness, try out this place

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_

Should be discounted considering the context of when he came in and England's aims.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggz

Back on topic, Jones vs Read is a close thing but I really do struggle to understand the selection of the King of Spain over Monty.

However, I'd say there was a little bit of 'loyalty over hard-nosed pragmatism' in the selection choices of both camps....
    You obviously didn't watch today's play. There was nothing in it for the finger spinner. Giles' runs give him the edge.

That is the excuse that will be given - Giles didn't turn it and offered no threat, ergo Panesar would have made no difference. The same misguided logic that almost had Panesar left out for Dalrymple last summer, and has had him being left out thus far in the series. A failure of imagination to believe that a finger spinner who is arguably, and certainly potentially, better than any other finger spinner for 20 years, won't do any better than those who have gone before.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    You obviously didn't watch today's play. There was nothing in it for the finger spinner. Giles' runs give him the edge.

That is the excuse that will be given - Giles didn't turn it and offered no threat, ergo Panesar would have made no difference. The same misguided logic that almost had Panesar left out for Dalrymple last summer, and has had him being left out thus far in the series. A failure of imagination to believe that a finger spinner who is arguably, and certainly potentially, better than any other finger spinner for 20 years, won't do any better than those who have gone before.
    Not that I rate Harbhajan very highly, but surely he's better than Panesar, no? He has taken a hat trick against the aussies you know (which included Ponting).
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information