• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Ashes sqaud.

Matt79

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
1) JB Hobbs
2) G Boycott
3) DG Bradman
4) WR Hammond
5) GI Chappell
6) IT Botham
7) KR Miller
8) SK Warne
8) JC Laker
9) FS Trueman
10) GA Lohmann
11) GD McGrath
Keeper?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
16-MAN SQAUD

OPENERS:

1. Hobbs
2. Hutton

MIDDLE-ORDER:

3. Bradman
4. Chapell
5. Barrington
6. Waugh

ALL-ROUNDERS:

7. Miller
8. Botham

WICKET-KEEPERS:

9. Gilchrist
10. Knott

BOWLERS:

Lillee
Trueman
McGrath
Warne
O'Reilly

FINAL XI:

Hutton
Hobbs
Bradman * - Captain
Chappell
Barrington
Miller
Botham
Gilchrist+ - W/Keeper
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

My selection is based mainly on overall career performances rather than records in Ashes battles.

archie mac

International Coach
Which Chappell and which Waugh. Mark has a fine record against England, and Greg Chappell not that flash

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Welcome mate, just what we need another Sean on here, at least you have spelt it the right way :cool: Love the avatar
Thanks mate - prob my all time fave cricket pic, that one. Big fan of yours too.

Where in Canberra do you live? Spent 6 years living there myself.

archie mac

International Coach
The Sean said:
Thanks mate - prob my all time fave cricket pic, that one. Big fan of yours too.

Where in Canberra do you live? Spent 6 years living there myself.
Spence in Belconnen :)

archie mac

International Coach
The Sean said:
And ironically it was by far the nicest place I lived!
Yes, a nice little town, whith some great pubs, they have a 2nd hand bookshop there now, and it has a big cricket book section

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Yes, a nice little town, whith some great pubs, they have a 2nd hand bookshop there now, and it has a big cricket book section
Yeah, had a great chat or two with the guy who ran it, a real cricket nut. The last time he was waiting eagerly for a book on Clarrie Grimmett, who he personally rated higher than Warne.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Does it have a pie shop the quality of Elaine's Pies, next to Canty's bookstore in Fyshwick. I find myself there for a browse through the cricket shelf and a pie no less that twice a week these days...

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt79 said:
Does it have a pie shop the quality of Elaine's Pies, next to Canty's bookstore in Fyshwick. I find myself there for a browse through the cricket shelf and a pie no less that twice a week these days...
I never had the pleasure of Elaine's pies - I feel like my six years in Canberra were now incomplete...

archie mac

International Coach
Matt79 said:
Nice pies those from Elaines, there is also a nice bakery in Bugendore, with pies almost as good