• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was England's biggest loss heading into the Ashes...

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
not Michael Vaughan... or Simon Jones, but Troy Cooley?

Should the ECB hierarchy be shot for letting him go?.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Troy Cooley was the difference between Harmison of 2005 Ashes and Harmison of 2006 Ashes, then Harmison doesn't deserve to be a test player IMHO.

I mean coaching is important, but at this level, you got to bowl better than the tripe he did, coaching or not.

And if Troy Cooley makes that much of a difference, then he is literally a miracle worker and I'd pay him millions of pounds a year to be the bowling coach in India, and supply him with never ending stream of women who will provide constant oral ***, just to convince him to take the job.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing is Troy Cooley was more than just a coach for Steve Harmison and the England bowling attack I think, he was a figure they looked up to and had a great deal of respect for aswell as being a confident when things were getting a bit tough. I daresay Harmison is missing having his influence around but should still be able to bowl better than he has been.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
tbf Harmison's form went long before Cooley did. Apart from first innings at Lord's, he was actually pretty hopeless for most of the ashes series last year.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hardly sprinkled stardust on Brett Lee just yet, has he? Performance well down on last (Aussie) summer.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm sure it had some contributing factor, but you could have all the coaches in the world teaching our attack and they still wouldn't get 20 Australian wickets.