• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hands up if you wrote off McGrath

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Australia cant expect a 36 (almost 37) and 37yo to play in a 4 man bowling attack. Its just unfair. Either move to a 5 man attack or replace McGrath with a younger bowler to keep with the 4. But then if the replacement doesnt fire you'll be in deep trouble. (especially the way Lee is bowling atm).

Australia badly need Watson to be fit for the 3rd Test, it would solve SO many problems for them balance wise.

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
still averaging 25..which is what many ppl didn't think he would average

seriously tho, i can see that go really high with the WACA as the next test.... another flat track it seems nowadays
and when i mean flat i mean really flat

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Laurrz said:
still averaging 25..which is what many ppl didn't think he would average

seriously tho, i can see that go really high with the WACA as the next test.... another flat track it seems nowadays
and when i mean flat i mean really flat
? 30

still decent though compared to everyone else bar Clark and Flintoff(so far)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i'll admit i'm doubting him atm, more for the fact that i don't beleive he started playing the game 100% and probably has done himself more harm than good by doing so.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
HOW can anyone in thier right mind write off mgrath, i dont get it, the guy doenst rely on pace, as long as he is fit enough, he will continue to be succesfull,

mark my words, until his body breaks down, he will continue to play and perform at the top level, unless he chooses to retire early