• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel 9 has 3 commentators at same time ...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know what you guys think , But I think Channell 9 has really gone Nuts with having 3 commentators at same time..Its pretty stupid IMO.

As far as I am concerned 3 becomes a crowd ..:laugh: and its hard enough with 2 , having 3 ie a crowd giving a commentary is damn silly and makes it really confusing for the viewer.

I wonder who was the great Einstein behind this idea ...

Any way your opinions..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This is already discussed in the Ashes Commentary thread. It's designed to let them cram in all the people they have to use this year - the 9 full-time commentators that Channel 9 have, plus the guests over from Sky like Lloyd, Atherton and Gower.

I don't think it's that bad to be honest, and they've done an alright job of keeping it from getting too crowded, but I think they'll go back to two at some point.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
For this series anyway, I don`t think it`s a bad idea. Has worked for mine.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Worked for me - you actually get some interesting discussions and not too much of any one person talking...

oz_fan

International Regular
I actually like the three commentator system. Like Matt said you get a lot of discussion and varied opinions. I doubt it will continue in the future as there won't be enough commentators to rotate but I think for this series it has been a success.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd say the three commentators has been a sucess, a lot of discussion and they quite often compliment each other's analysis with some good observations of their own. Or good arguments and debates can come out of having three people in the box because quite regularly their opinions are different.

Josh

International Regular
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Want to shoot Ian Healy. Rest are alright.
Yeh I do, too. He used to be ok, but this year he's acting like a bloody spud.

3 commentators works. I have nothing at all wrong with it. Probably will go back to 2 next season, tho; but you never know.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Sometimes it's a bit odd when two of the commentators start having a conversation about something and then a third voice appears randomly to let you know they're there. But in whole it's been quite good.

kenny44

Cricket Spectator
Nice for a change

I think having 3 commentators is working nicely. It changes things up a bit which is something Channel 9 try and do every year.

Ian Healy though - can't stand him - his voice is really irritating...