• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Barmy Army

Legga

Banned
PhoenixFire said:
Well then I'm sure they weren't Barmy Army fans, and just English fans who were drunk then.
Good point.
But I doubt it.

It was 10:30 in the morning so the English fans were not drunk,they were just A-holes.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Legga said:
Good point.
But I doubt it.

It was 10:30 in the morning so the English fans were not drunk,they were just A-holes.
Regardless of whether or not they did, you're still an idiot.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Legga said:
They did.
Not many Victorians would boo Warne at the M.C.G.
This the same Barmy Army who were singing "We wish you were English" to Warne at the Oval last year? Chances are they were booing Symonds, he's a tool anyway, plus he'd just scored a hundred against them. Stop twisting things to suit your own needs.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, I forgot about them singing that to Warne. In England, we all love him and hate him really, hate him becuase he takes all these wickets against us, but loves him because he's a character and a genius. They were booing Symonds because he was born in Birmingham probably, nothing else.

sideshowtim

Banned
PhoenixFire said:
i) I don't believe you one bit. The real barmy army are true cricket fans, and will applaud a good innings, they won't ever boo any player without reason.
Ah, just like when we won in Perth they started booing Gilchrist when he was celebrating?

pasag

RTDAS
Much less then a thousand of the Barmy Army took on over eighty thousand people at the MCG and won easily. Respect.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
sideshowtim said:
Ah, just like when we won in Perth they started booing Gilchrist when he was celebrating?

As I said before, they weren't Barmy Army, just drunk English fans.

Also, don't you Australians get up on your high horse and tell us how to behave, convicts. You behave just as bad, if not worse, and are more abusive on a whole.

pasag

RTDAS
PhoenixFire said:
As I said before, they weren't Barmy Army, just drunk English fans.

Also, don't you Australians get up on your high horse and tell us how to behave, convicts. You behave just as bad, if not worse, and are more abusive on a whole.
Uncalled for.

pasag

RTDAS
Nope the "you Australians" part. You've responded to the post of one person, who isn't even a regular here with "you Australians" and then "You behave just as bad, if not worse, and are more abusive on a whole." which I found pretty offensive and uncalled for.

I would have reported the post, but I know you're a good poster and I thought I'd just point it out.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Thankyou.

My point, is that I find it rather annoying that he, as an Australian, preaches to us English people about the behaviour of our fans. May he who is without sin cast the first stone.

pasag

RTDAS
On a side note, from what I found and what I have heard and read, the crowds have been exceptional this year and I am very proud of that. I myself had one bad incident, but besides that, it seemed everyone was doing their best to stay out of the headlines.

As I said in another thread, when Monty's name was announced there was a huge roar from the crowd and I think the Aussies loved him just as much, if not more than the English.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
pasag said:
On a side note, from what I found and what I have heard and read, the crowds have been exceptional this year and I am very proud of that. I myself had one bad incident, but besides that, it seemed everyone was doing their best to stay out of the headlines.

As I said in another thread, when Monty's name was announced there was a huge roar from the crowd and I think the Aussies loved him just as much, if not more than the English.
Not possible :ph34r:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
They have been rather entertaining. Amazing that so few of them can make such a loud sound. Every word can be heard clearly. If only the England team were worthy enough.